Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Hello, i was wondering if the nokia n950 has radio ? I was browsing the internet and i find that nokia n950 dont have radio, the nokia n900 dont have radio but i cant download it from the repository so i want to ask if the nokia n950 will have the same thing ? could i download radio from the repository of the n950? sory for my english.

The Following User Says Thank You to ctl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
fm receiver and transmitter is not officially supported by Nokia, but it might be possible (or not). Some people are working on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Is there some patent licensing issues why Nokia often doesn't support FM-radio-chip although it is in the hardware?

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
I haven't followed this that closely as i'm not interested on radio (fm transmitter is nice), but how i have got it is that the fm transmitter part simply isn't possible.
Would think radio is available for N9 if it's possible thinking the phase apps have come out for N9/N950 compared to N900. So is there radio for N950?

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
i see....another inconvenient of the n950 is that it have just 8.5 gb memory and no slot card so....it was a good thing to have radio because the memory is quite small. On my n900 i have 32 gb and i could put a card of 16 gb so i hope that the n950 will have radio i listen radio every day on my n900 so if i will buy a n950 i would love to listen radio.

The Following User Says Thank You to ctl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
so if i will buy a n950 i would love to listen radio.
You cannot buy N950, because it is not running WTF WP7, so Elop wont' allow it to be made more and sold. It could harm the MS domination dreams.

I wouldn't harm the MS domination attempt at all. It will fail anyway.
MS has tried 14 years and failed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_CE

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
It's a shame that fm-transmitter is not possible.

The new phones seems all missing this great feature -as the "main stream" (iPhone etc.) doesn't support. But nokia had it since the N78... Why they not doing it anymore?? This is sooooo useful on the car. It can also turn all the radios into speakers.

Shame...

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
You cannot buy N950, because it is not running WTF WP7, so Elop wont' allow it to be made more and sold.
The orginal N950 - (N9-00 Dali) if equipped with 12MP and 64GB and NFC and a MicroSD slot will be a killer for everything include the WP, it NOT difficult!

Elop just don't want to make it. I wish there is a WP device can be as well-made as that.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
Hello, i was wondering if the nokia n950 has radio ? I was browsing the internet and i find that nokia n950 dont have radio, the nokia n900 dont have radio but i cant download it from the repository so i want to ask if the nokia n950 will have the same thing ? could i download radio from the repository of the n950? sory for my english.
Look at http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/n950radio/
There is fmrx console app, that works on n9/n950.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdsvickers For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by gdsvickers View Post
Look at http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/n950radio/
There is fmrx console app, that works on n9/n950.
I hope soon there will be many apps on the community repositories like this one!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n950, radio