Notices

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
@brunops,
i'm on kp47 and harmattan icon pack as well, cuteTube-QML works fine for me though the icon also changed.

@marxian,
did you drop support for xtube?
thanks for the update btw, i've been waiting for this since the start of the coding competition.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
thanks for the update, it looks very goood. Search does not seem to be working for youtube videos tho but is ok for dailymotion and I hope that xtube will return

@marxian
can you add infinite retry Setting to downloads(if download fails)..
since the download Que stops whenever a download fails... some times its next to impossible to download whenever we have to work with poor GPRS/EDGE or weak WiFi...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by brunops1 View Post
I went X-terminal and typed "/opt/usr/bin/qmltube" and the result was "not found". The cute tube icon appears on my menu grid and the app shows on my "installed apps" list in the app mannager
Qt Creator uses /opt/qmltube as the installation directory now, so to launch via the terminal you enter

Code:
/opt/qmltube/bin/qmltube

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
how can i download just the audio part of a video, like in the previous version?
The option is in the drop-down menu.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
@brunops,
i'm on kp47 and harmattan icon pack as well, cuteTube-QML works fine for me though the icon also changed.
That's probably down to Qt Creator having changed a few things regarding Maemo5 installations.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
@marxian,
did you drop support for xtube?
Temporarily. 1.2.0 shares very little code with the earlier versions, so a couple of features are missing, but will be added back soon. The widget will also recieve the same treatment.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
thanks for the update, it looks very goood. Search does not seem to be working for youtube videos tho but is ok for dailymotion and I hope that xtube will return
Are you signed in to a YouTube account? If a user is signed in, the access token is passed (for authentication) whenever cuteTube requests a video feed (including search), and this seems to cause problems for users that are signed in to a YouTube account that is not linked to their Google account. It think the previous version only passed the access token when accessing uploads, favourites etc.

My website

GitHub

I too am now just getting a black screen after updating to this latest versions. i have to use the ctrl backspace keys in order to end the app.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still getting a black screen. im using kernel power 49.

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
@marxian
can you add infinite retry Setting to downloads(if download fails)..
since the download Que stops whenever a download fails... some times its next to impossible to download whenever we have to work with poor GPRS/EDGE or weak WiFi...
I will an option in the transfer settings page.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MarkyboyUK View Post
I too am now just getting a black screen after updating to this latest versions. i have to use the ctrl backspace keys in order to end the app.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still getting a black screen. im using kernel power 49.
Please try launching from the terminal as described in my earlier post. I suspect it's a missing dependency related to my use of QtMobility.systeminfo for the battery indicator.

My website

GitHub

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube