Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by wizbowes View Post
Gee do you think so? You come on a N900 forum and carp on about Leo Laporte doesn't like the N900 so it's **** and then you make a comment like that? What exactly did you expect?

Anyway - if you like Leo so much you should know his best mate John C said that the mouse would never catch on. Not everything pundits say is correct.
And if you knew anything about John C, you would know that 90% of what he is about is sarcasm!

I put this in the N900 forum because it is the appropriate category for the forum since the whining I see here is about the device itself.

I am not saying that the N900 is ****, I just can't believe that the Nokia fanboys (the majority of the N900 owners here) can turn around and constantly berate their own device. Not to mention piss all over the company that is making devices that have changed the world! (Look at education and what is happening with the iTouch!)

Really, take a serious look at the Active Topics.

When I got my N810 over a year ago, things here were pretty positive towards further development of it. Since the N900 has come out, it's all about how the N900 doesn't do this and doesn't do that.

You guys are your own worst PR enemy. Do you realize that when someone is looking for info about this device, they end up here? Talk about a turn off and downer!

AGAIN!!!! I am not saying ALL OF YOU, but MANY of you have turned into a bunch of whiny babies about this because you are disappointed in this device. You aren't asking for clarification on how to do something with the device as a noobie but rather droning on about all the problems.

Besides that, there are only a handful of you that are really cheerleaders for this. Or at least taking the time to come across that way.

FINALLY, I love my N810! I just wish that it hadn't stalled out in it's abilities because I think it can do more but those who have the ability to prove it have moved on to a different platform: Maemo 5.

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I can understand him if he doesn't want to tweak around and just want a "ready for use" device.
I too think that Nokia Rocks, especially over Palm OS recently but come on people...Most of the Nokia Fanboys have a funny way of showing it. At least Apple Fanboys don't dis their own products.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sønderjylland, Denmark
It's because Apple fanboys are brainwashed by the Apple-marketing-hype-machine.

Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
I just can't believe that the Nokia fanboys (the majority of the N900 owners here) can turn around and constantly berate their own device.
When I got my N810 over a year ago, things here were pretty positive towards further development of it. Since the N900 has come out, it's all about how the N900 doesn't do this and doesn't do that.
Actually it seems more like you're joining the ranks of people who come and post things that do nothing but tear down the community here. You certainly came off as such with the way you started this thread.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
... At least Apple Fanboys don't dis their own products.
Well I guess they have a lot less things to diss, since everything works out of the box (or gets developed)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post:
//RANT warning: safely skip

...oooh apple fanboys...and girls.

They were awful in the old MacOS days when that horrible piece of c***p used to crash and lock up and even do infuriating things like refuse to eject your floppy disc. I had to sysadmin a PC lab with 22 of these awul things.

I had limited access to the Iris Indigo and a Sun Solaris 4 server and I used that time as therapy before heading back out to the "perfect" Mac world.

Then at my workplace and in the marketing industry all graphic designers used/use a Mac with Corel Draw and would often feel compelled to tell me about how much a Mac never crashes and how they are a lot faster...while their screen was frozen or their nice Quadra, or whatever came later just about ready for a reboot.

MacOS X is great however....because it is built on a Unix core so it inherently does the basic things right. The pretty and largely functional Apple UI tops it off.

Sometime in between all this Apple "invented" a portable MP3/AAC player with the iPod, then the "revolutionary" iPhone was released...and now the iPad continues the revolutionary legacy...

...to finish the rant. Apple fanboys and girls (there are "normal" apple users that are capable of rational thought and are thus excluded from this definition) are not computer savvy, they are not power users, they are generally very poorly informed about most things IT and struggle with other things too. Any of their protests about this not being the case are pointless as they just create a circular argument.

Thus Apple products are perfect for the masses and Apple will continue to do well since masses are called masses as there are many of them...

One last situation where Apple seriously annoys potential customers like me is through their "closed garden" approach. Owning an Apple product is like having to sign up to a cult where you do things the Apple way or "you just do not get it"...

(Disclosure: I use MS Vista, Linux and shortly Maemo5)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vmajor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
I don't care at all what they say. It's chaotic and unorganised, quiet and just doesn't sound serious. Never heard of them before either.

And if you knew anything about John C, you would know that 90% of what he is about is sarcasm!
Are you implying this is the case for the comment I mentioned? Because it not. He quite honestly thought the mouse would not catch on.

You guys are your own worst PR enemy. Do you realize that when someone is looking for info about this device, they end up here? Talk about a turn off and downer!

AGAIN!!!! I am not saying ALL OF YOU, but MANY of you have turned into a bunch of whiny babies about this because you are disappointed in this device. You aren't asking for clarification on how to do something with the device as a noobie but rather droning on about all the problems.
Sorry - I have missed your point - because from where I'm sitting it would appear that you came here to be the whinney baby complaining about the phone. I've got no issues with it thanks and I've not complained.

You come here, complain about the N900 (which it seems you don't actually have), act all surprised when people stick up for it and then complain that people come here whinning about phone. You're just a troll.

The Following User Says Thank You to wizbowes For This Useful Post:
How is that show anything but a great big marketing circle-jerk? I feel dirty and dumber after watching five minutes of it! What a colossal waste of time those people devote themselves to.

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
I don't care at all what they say. It's chaotic and unorganised, quiet and just doesn't sound serious. Never heard of them before either.
What?

"I don't care at all what they say." - Who is they?