Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by larson View Post
Hi,

I noticed this morning a little blinking icon that said updated software. Lo and behold, footify 0.0.5 was there for the upgrade

I've got to say Thank You for footify. A working spotify client was the only thing I missed on my n900. The only thing missing is offline play for the long car rides.

Regards,
Henrik
Oh, working automated updates, sweet! Thank you for reporting this. I spent way too much time trying to make it work with the repository, so I'd be really bummed if this didn't work.

Offline mode might show up if despotify gets this functionality. I don't know if I'll have the time (and knowhow) to implement this in a good way.

I'm glad you like it.

Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
This is the only Spotify client im able to log in with, the rest use outdated Despotify libraries...
Hopefully the maintainers of those clients get the time to compile against the latest despotify library to make them work again. It's always good with alternatives.

So remember to maintain this with the newest despotify lib whenever their releases are if you want people to continue being able to use this? Maybe we could get the desptoify lib as an other package, so it could easily be updated all the time?
There is already a despotify package for the library and some simple client. As far as I know, this has been patched with new client version identifiers but it still might not work.

But, since there already is a package with that name, I can't create a new one (unless I get creative with the package name). Either the original maintainer gets up to speed and releases an update compiled with the latest despotify source or you are stuck with my solution.

I like your client, but as said before it would be nice with offline playlist
See answer in previous message.

and i cant find my starred collection either with your client, And the mockup gui was really cool cant wait to see it in action
I have no idea how special playlists are handled by despotify. If the despotify gang adds this kid of handling, I'll see about using it in footify.

footify in portrait mode will have to wait until I upgrade to PR1.2 and understand how one should handle "the turn" properly.

I'm glad you like it.

Originally Posted by zillertal View Post
Downloaded from devel-repository and it works fine! Great, love it already!
Nice! I'm glad you like it.

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
I guess the icon is supposed to be a green footprint?

I also like the mockup which florian did. I don't have any further proposals but the original Spotify client for Symbian is very nice and usable imo. See the attached image
A green Spotify footprint, yes.

The mockup is for portrait mode and this will have to wait a bit. I agree on it looking usable so this is most likely the path I'll follow.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great work Joorin. Thx

Hello Joorin. I installed newest version of Footify. I started it but after I clicked login it crashed. Output after starting it via Xterm:

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # /home/opt/footify/usr/bin/footify.sh
footify-0.0.5
Home directory /home/user not ours.
Segmentation fault
/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads #
I tried Yaspot and it worked perfectly. Didn't like UI thought...

Could you perhaps supply the output from
Code:
ls -al /home
I read this error message as if you've changed the ownership of the /home/user directory from user:users to something else and this makes some component complain. I am not responsible for the error message, the only thing of mine here is the "footify-0.0.5" line.

I have no idea which component, though.

Code:
/home # ls -al
drwxr-xr-x    6 user     users        4096 May 19 01:08 .
drwxr-xr-x   25 root     root         1632 May 30 01:07 ..
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 May 15 01:23 .apt-archive-cache
drwx------    2 root     root        16384 Jan  1  1970 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x   13 root     root         4096 Jun  2 02:54 opt
drwxr-xr-x   74 user     users        4096 Jun  2 02:53 user
/home #
As far as I know I have not changed ownerships in my file system.

Then I have no idea whatsoever what is wrong.

Version 0.0.6-1 is getting closer now. I've made some small changes, fixed end of playlist without Repeat (causing the client to hang) and have a better Shuffle going that actually works from time to time.

There are still issues but I'm hoping I can leave the alpha status soon with at least almost finished functionality everywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post: