Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
wow, very nice wondering what it is?

N9 is Harmattan which is Maemo 6 with Swipe UI and called "MeeGo" for marketing purposes.
Real MeeGo never got released as far as I know

So maybe this is Maemo 6 without Swipe UI. Have you trying adding widgets to the homescreen?
How can I do?

Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
Good, so good. Not so much nice, but still good enough this is early build, this needs to be saved! backup that!

real maemo6 based image.
How to save the system without damage it?

Originally Posted by pali View Post
@n950: now when you have device, can you publish text files stored in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ ?
How can I do with command line in terminal?

Sorry but I am at work now very busy.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by MAX9 View Post
Here a video to boot up a N950 proto, looks like MeeGo Images from here.

http://youtu.be/rxtIS4L1Lj0
My Maemo6 System version is:

0.1000.38-3.REQ.386887.001

Very old release... not the same as your protoB2.

Mine is a protoS1.12

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Well how about you post a video for the rest of us of it booting and playing with it..

My friend has one of those.. I saw it in person but I haven't seen it in action..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
according to this article http://m.taskumuro.com/?q=artikkelit...of-nokia-meego this is the simple dali ui the second maemo ui and it mean't to be finished in late 2010 . We need a video to preview it as we don't know how it works but it doesn't have widgets as maemo 5 and just an application launcher(in the middle of home screen) and multitasking view .

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Here is the jewel.
If you look at the EXIF data of these photos, they have been taken in late August 2012 (or someone forgot to set the right date on that WP device with which the photos were taken).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
n950: your proto is pretty useless, as if I remember right B1/S1 proto hardware is too old to be upgraded to PR1.2 and PR1.3 (as newest firmware needs at least B2 hardware revision to be upgradeable), so basically you just have paperweight in your hands, hopefully you didn't pay much for that stolen hardware.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
rainisto,

Any elaboration on what OS its actually running on? Is it still Harmattan with a different UI?

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
n950: your proto is pretty useless, as if I remember right B1/S1 proto hardware is too old to be upgraded to PR1.2 and PR1.3 (as newest firmware needs at least B2 hardware revision to be upgradeable), so basically you just have paperweight in your hands, hopefully you didn't pay much for that stolen hardware.
He's a collector who wants the software that was running on the prototype at the time. Who cares if it upgrades or not?!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:

Tags
have money, need brain, unicornpoop, _butimustbuy, _ihavenoclue