Active Topics

I notice right out of the box, the N900 only has roughly 27 GB of Total size storage space and roughly 25 GB of available space. I know the OS and the other pre-installed apps take up some memory space, but does it take that much away? That's roughly missing 7 GB of storage space for the end user. Is that how it suppose to be on all N900? Just want to make sure my unit is ok.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=32gb

Top right hand corner of the forum. Big white box, has the grey words search in it. Type in 32gb, click the big orange GO button. Does it everytime.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to egrims For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by mobilefan View Post
I notice right out of the box, the N900 only has roughly 27 GB of Total size storage space and roughly 25 GB of available space. I know the OS and the other pre-installed apps take up some memory space, but does it take that much away? That's roughly missing 7 GB of storage space for the end user. Is that how it suppose to be on all N900? Just want to make sure my unit is ok.
Welcome to the world of marketing speak. If you buy a computer with a 120GB hard disk, the free disk space you have is not 120GB if it comes preloaded with an OS.

They always advertise the full size of the storage.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
They also advertise the unformatted size of the disc. Formatting reduces storage space, as does OS and preinstalled apps and files.