Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
whenever i plug in my headphones in n900 it recognizes them and also i can listen songs but whenever i touch headphone jack where headphone is plugged, then it produces some sounds which are very annoying. I want to know that is this is a hardware problem or my headphones ? I have tried many headphones but still the same.

edit. i remember now one day i was running and my N900 slipped from my pocket to the ground. since then im facing this problem. i think my N900 now needs some repairing.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-03-18 at 05:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Sounds like a hardware problem in my opinion. Try pressing the headphone connector as deep inside the phone as you can to make sure its properly connected.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Sounds like a hardware problem in my opinion. Try pressing the headphone connector as deep inside the phone as you can to make sure its properly connected.
tried that also, still the same problem.

is it something like the sound plays with another light sound.or the lyrics cannot be heard only the music. is der any problem when u play via speaker?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
is it something like the sound plays with another light sound.or the lyrics cannot be heard only the music. is der any problem when u play via speaker?
no only facing problem through headphones. speakers every thing are fine. i think its a hardware fault. when i plug in headphones and touch headphone port which is inside jack then i hear some sound distortion noises. its really very annoying. will give it to a shop for repairing.

can leave me N900.

i remember now one day i was running and my N900 slipped from my pocket to the ground. since then im facing this problem. i think my N900 now needs some repairing.

yes. hope your problem gets solved. i love my N900. i've used for alomst 2yrs. only once i dropped it. felt that my heart stopped beating for a while

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
lyrics cannot be heard only the music.
I have noticed this sometimes with headphones, also. It is usually the result of the channels being electrically out of phase.

It's not the headphone jack, though, the same thing happens with bluetooth headphones!

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I have the same problem. Bought extra headphones, as usually it's the headphones connector that's at fault. This time, however, it's not.
I've been able to temporarily restore full working order by disassembling the device and fiddling with the 3.5 connector inside the phone. Obviously this is dangerous and not recommended.
I am looking to replace the jack module now to fix this once and for all (actually I'm expecting the problem to reappear after a couple of years).

You will notice that after a while it will not just be sound interference, the phone will end up losing connectivity with the headset and either switching to play music via the speakers, or (if like me you have the headphone daemon installed) will pause playback. Really annoying, I agree.

Edit: the part you - we - need is 5469246 Nokia A/V connector. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere in stock

Last edited by gebeleysis; 2014-12-05 at 19:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gebeleysis For This Useful Post: