Hi everybody,

I have the Nokia N900 and use Skype quite regularly . Recently I have noticed that when I go to "Conversations" and then press "New IM" the select contact tab comes up and I have "(no contacts)".

This was not always the case, for some reason I the "New IM" is not showing any of my Skype contacts, whereas in the past it would show all my Skype contacts and I could easily IM my friends.

The only way to see my Skype contacts is to phonebook contacts to groups and press "Skype" I can see all my Skype contacts. I've also checked Skype on my computer and I have made sure that I haven't deleted any of my contacts.

This is making it very difficult to send IM via skype and is giving me a headache!

I've tried deleting the Skype account and logging in again on the "VoIP and IM accounts" but still no joy

Has anybody else experienced these problems or know of anyway of fixing it? Please HELP!

Many thanks,

TT

Last edited by tdac69; 2010-06-19 at 00:01. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
you need to be online on skype on n900.

I am online and connected

Are the contacts online?

yes.. i believe it discussed already in another thread. It supposed to be a bug if im not mistaking. You can IM only when another party online. But it works when you haven't delete conversation you can IM even later on when the person is offline.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Are the contacts online?
In the New IM, no contacts are displayed.

The Following User Says Thank You to tdac69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tdac69 View Post
In the New IM, no contacts are displayed.
but is other party online?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
but is other party online?
No, the other party is not online, but i'm certain it should display the contact, as it showed them in the past.

Originally Posted by tdac69 View Post
No, the other party is not online, but i'm certain it should display the contact, as it showed them in the past.
see what ed00 said

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Last night i hung up and i hear some noise. Hey do you you hear me? Yes. wtf? I set my status to offline skype still green, i tried calling it calls like no call active, then i pressed wifi switcher call ended but i still can hear shhhhhhhh in the earpiece, reboot fixed. Still my GF is always on hidden on skype and i cant im her, that is terrible...