Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Over time, the two bright spots on my N900's display seem to be fading. They're far less noticeable now than I remember them being last winter.

I hope my USB port holds out long enough for the spots to fade away entirely.

I managed to slip on stairs, broke a bit myself and also the screen of my N900. Had it changed here in Athens.

It took service a week to get the screen. It took them overnight to change it - would have happened in an hour, if they didn't have such a queue.

The front of the screen remained the old as it was the lcd underneath that had broken.

Cost: screen 73 euro and work 30 euro.

Result: brighter image than original.

Could it be that the display is not the same anymore as it was in last December phones bought in Finland?

I refused to accept it but the truth is the two white spots have returned on my screen - on the new screen of my replacement device! Took them about 4 months or so to become visible.

The interesting thing is, they are on exactly the same positions as the ones on my old one.
Seems there is something behind the screen that keeps frying away and roasting the screen from there.

And by the way, Nokia did not acknowledged this issue. I was able to get a replacement phone because I had some other, more tangible physical problems with it and on their return letter with the new phone they used the term 'goodwill gesture' lol! Not impressed. Hate to say it but my next one might become an android, since iphone is still out of questions.

Originally Posted by Thats it! View Post
I refused to accept it but the truth is the two white spots have returned on my screen - on the new screen of my replacement device! Took them about 4 months or so to become visible.

The interesting thing is, they are on exactly the same positions as the ones on my old one.
Seems there is something behind the screen that keeps frying away and roasting the screen from there.

And by the way, Nokia did not acknowledged this issue. I was able to get a replacement phone because I had some other, more tangible physical problems with it and on their return letter with the new phone they used the term 'goodwill gesture' lol! Not impressed. Hate to say it but my next one might become an android, since iphone is still out of questions.
my spots returned as well

mine also have a white spots....

Mine has very small, one pixel ones.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have got a new screen too due brightspots.
2 a 3 months later they came back at the same spot.
My local Nokia care point says it is due the design of the phone and the "heat" from the device. They also say the problem will come back, even after a new screen....(They have gotten a lot of return N97's and N900's with this problem) N97 has the same problems.
The newer Nokia phones with amoled displays don't have these problems...

To bad that only after 3 repairs youll get a replacement.....

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
I've got 2 spots as well. They are not disturbing until I start using the browser, and since everything else works I do not want to return it and wait 3 weeks for a replacement screen. At first I suspected my screenprotector or me cleaning the screen with alcohol before applying it.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
LOL We must all have two white spots both my n900s have them, i have accepted them now, whats the point crying over it

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I don't have bright spots, but the screen on the left side (near the earpiece) is a bit dimmer - noticeable only on a white background. Anyone else noticed this condition?

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post: