Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to trondam For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trondam View Post
here is one...
and another...
Attached Images

and another...
and here is the pics that was in the add where i bought it...i'm having trouble uploading some of mine pics...
Attached Images

and here is the pics that was in the add where i bought it...i'm having trouble uploading some of mine pics...
it's beautiful, right?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
Hey,
From where did you buy this thing (N950) cos it looks like it would be my best upgrade from N900...
Do you really need the box? and what for?
Tell me too, is the maemo portable to this harmattan device?

i'd love one, but not at that price of 2Gs

The Following User Says Thank You to Freddie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
Hey,
From where did you buy this thing (N950) cos it looks like it would be my best upgrade from N900...
or not
if you search a little on this forum, you'll find quite a few developers (who got one for free from NOKIA, in pristine condition as well) confirming that the N950's build quality is nowhere near the N900's
one of the biggest draw back is the screen
apparently the N950 was the 1st device (and last) with that type of screen and is still in "beta" quality; dead pixels appear very quickly, sometimes in whole lines across the screen.
plus it only has 16GB of storage; maybe enough just to run Maemo Harmattan, but if you plan on carrying your whole MP3 collection around, forget about it.
(there is no µSD slot available)

Do you really need the box? and what for?
Tell me too, is the maemo portable to this harmattan device?
it may be but nobody bothered doing it so far
mostly because there was an effort to recreate Fremantle (N900 OS) desktop on MeeGo
that was before the N9 and its astounding swype interface got presented
since, nobody cares to have Fremantle's desktop paradigm on the N9 / N950 anymore.

i'd love one, but not at that price of 2Gs
and the price is beyond anything reasonable, mostly because it is a "collector's item", not your knock-around type of mobile you keep w/ you no matter what.

better of waiting a few more months until Jolla comes out with (hopefully) a hardware keyboard device.
don't expect one of those next Monday, but maybe as a 2nd model, successor to the legendary Communicator series.
why no hw kbd 1st?
because right now hw kbd is a niche product, only very few care about; always was, always will be
NOKIA could afford such devices, awfully expensive (thus limited demand) and probably not even cost covering b/c back then NOKIA was practically synonym to "mobile phone" and they were making money with nearly every (other) device they threw on the market.
not so w/ Jolla. there are a niche & they need at least a up to standard & consumer's expectations device if they want to have any chance to start up.

even though the N950 is proof that it is possible to make a device with hw kbd hardly thicker then its counterpart (N9) without (13 vs. 11 mm)
but nowhere close to the market's leaders with less then 10mm

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Hey people =)
I was lucky as hell today. I bought a N950 for 109 us dollars. I could not believe my eyes, is it really so? But yes indeed, I own a N950 for 109$
I wanna poke my eyes blind for that deal.

Time to move on. If you can't afford an N950, and don't know how/where to fetch a Jolla, then head for Android reluctantly, or you're stuck. Seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:

Tags
auction, n950 sold