Notices

I keep seeing LyX around on various "Working on Maemo" lists, yet the garage project has never released any files. I also saw a post here by someone who ported it, but it was a year old and the file was hosted on a now dead file hosting service.

Does anyone have that old LyX deb, or even better, is there an update somewhere? This app would be invaluable to me. Thanks

Hi stacia,

Sorry - I haven't updated LyX at all and have long since moved on from the days of Maemo unfortunately.

It was a simple recompile with the Maemo QT Libs. I'm sure someone could setup an environment, put up the relevant directories and compile LyX for the platform.

The main difficulty was finding TeX on Maemo. Back in the day the old version was broken which made LyX little more than a front-end (I guess you could use it to edit your work and compile it on a desktop .. but it would have been SO much nicer to have pdf creation on the go.)

It also needed Hildonization ... with right click menus being made into long press menus and the relevant DBus entries setup for menu shortcuts (something I never fully understood how to do since my version would be unexpectedly cleaned up...) The project plans were to Hildonize the entire GUI at some point. I made a little headway but lost everything in a hard disk crash.

Sorry for the info. I ought to update the thread!

If anyone wants the Garage space let me know and I'll try and transfer ownership of the empty project space.

The Following User Says Thank You to yabbas For This Useful Post:
Well, I don't know anything about hildonizing it, but I can try to compile it I guess. Where do I get the QT libs from?

The Following User Says Thank You to stacia For This Useful Post:
Well, I found the libs and I set up scratchbox and all that stuff again. Let it be known that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Basically all I did was set up scratchbox, get the qt libs, install tetex, and do configure/make in the lyx dir of the most recent source tar. I get this "error" that doesn't even actually list an error so I can figure stuff out :/
Code:
boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_weak_ptr> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_weak_ptr> const&)::bad_alloc'
ISpell.o:(.bss._ZZN5boost16exception_detail10make_cloneINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_12bad_weak_ptrEEEEEPNS0_10clone_baseERKT_E9bad_alloc[boost::exception_detail::clone_base* boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_weak_ptr> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_weak_ptr> const&)::bad_alloc]+0x0): first defined here
./.libs/liblyxinsets.a(InsetListings.o):(.bss._ZZN5boost16exception_detail10make_cloneINS0_19error_info_injectorISt14overflow_errorEEEEPNS0_10clone_baseERKT_E9bad_alloc[boost::exception_detail::clone_base* boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::overflow_error> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::overflow_error> const&)::bad_alloc]+0x0): multiple definition of `boost::exception_detail::clone_base* boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::overflow_error> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::overflow_error> const&)::bad_alloc'
BiblioInfo.o:(.bss._ZZN5boost16exception_detail10make_cloneINS0_19error_info_injectorISt14overflow_errorEEEEPNS0_10clone_baseERKT_E9bad_alloc[*boost::exception_detail::clone_base* boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::overflow_error> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::overflow_error> const&)::bad_alloc]+0x0): first defined here
./.libs/liblyxgraphics.a(GraphicsCacheItem.o):(.bss._ZZN5boost16exception_detail10make_cloneINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_17bad_function_callEEEEEPNS0_10clone_baseERKT_E9bad_alloc[boost::exception_detail::clone_base* boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_function_call> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_function_call> const&)::bad_alloc]+0x0): multiple definition of `boost::exception_detail::clone_base* boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_function_call> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_function_call> const&)::bad_alloc'
./.libs/liblyxcore.a(LaTeX.o):(.bss._ZZN5boost16exception_detail10make_cloneINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_17bad_function_callEEEEEPNS0_10clone_baseERKT_E9bad_alloc[*boost::exception_detail::clone_base* boost::exception_detail::make_clone<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_function_call> >(boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::bad_function_call> const&)::bad_alloc]+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Edit: installing aspell from the emacs site didn't help.

Last edited by stacia; 2009-08-19 at 12:23.

There may have been an --arm7 option somewhere in the makefile.

Without doing it all myself, I really can't remember :-/ sorry. There are guidelines on how to get QT libs going on Maemo garage.

I suggest you have a look through the Makefiles and see what's being compiled, and where. You shouldn't need Tetex btw - LyX compiles by itself.

Tetex is required later on to build PDFs out of the LyX source. Tetex was on the repositories, but it was broken. I never managed to build Tetex myself.

Hello,

I compiled a former version of lyx for os2008 (current version didn't work for me). Unfortunately I wasn't able to package it as a deb (I don't know anything about building debian-packages). To use it, do the following:

1. install qt4 (don't know which packages exactly are required... the following are installed on my device: libqt4-dbus, libqt4-designer, libqt4-network, libqt4-phonon, libqt4-script, libqt4-webkit, libqt4-xml, libqtcore4, libqtgui4)
2. decompress this archive on your device
3. make the script 'lyx' executable
4. start it from the command-line

It seems to work fine on my n810.