Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Originally Posted by MattZTexasu View Post
I just bought it. I'll update this thread after I test it.
Any info you can feed us Matt? There are a few of us aching to dive into the DX unit once we know it works to some extent with Carman. I actually emailed the ELM327 folks and their statement led me to believe that it isn't an original chip of theirs. That isn't to say it won't work properly or fail to communicate with Carman but as they said, who'd spend the time removing the OEM sticker on the chip?

Please let us know what you've been able to do/not do and if by chance the manufacturer's sticker happens to be on the ELM chip (I doubt it).

Thanks much,

Dave

Originally Posted by daveb70 View Post
Please let us know what you've been able to do/not do and if by chance the manufacturer's sticker happens to be on the ELM chip.
Of course I will. I post pictures of it too if that'd be helpful.

I've only just this week been notified that the supplier has shipped the part. It's by mail, and it's coming from China. So it'll be another week or two before I actually receive it.

The Following User Says Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
so can anyone confirm wherever this DX BT thingy works with CarMan?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
At this time I'm guessing nobody else who found this thread took a risk and ordered it other than Matt so until his arrives we'll probably be sitting in the dark awhile longer since had they ordered they too are probably waiting just as long for theirs. Good to know for would-be purchasers to keep our expectations reasonable on the shipping front.

Some day our children's children's children will have the ability to purchase an item and have it arrive instantly via teleport mechanism. Until then...we drink, er wait.

Dave

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Has anyone determined if this scanner samples data at 1hz or 5 hz? The more expensive ElmScan 5 samples and transmits at 5hz which is far more useful than just 1hz for diagnostics or performance data.

Last edited by mfortner; 2008-11-17 at 00:24.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I think I have the very same device as the one sold here (see the other thread). At least they look similar. But I don't know how or where I look up the information you're asking for.

Geez guys, just buy from DealExtreme, you can pick up some placenta essence while you're there

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11020

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Richmond, BC, CAN
Very interested, can't wait to see if this works.

Originally Posted by Gujustud View Post
Very interested, can't wait to see if this works.
You are obviously referring to the placenta essence, keep us updated!

The Following User Says Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
The delivery person came by with it today; but my wife wasn't home to sign for it.

Hopefully, he'll be by with it again tomorrow, and I'll have it to play with over the weekend.