As part of all the reverse engineering and other work I am doing on the N900, I often have to grep the entire filesystem to answer the question of "what parts of the system reference xyz" (where xyz might be a dbus interface, gconf key, library function, kernel interface or otherwise). My current N900 filesystem image (copied from my own N900) is polluted with lots of modified files and binaries which make this analysis difficult. Re-flashing the device to get a pristine state isn't an option because I cant flash from Windows 7 x64 and because I dont want to loose all the installed stuff and settings and stuff. I would download the flash filesystem and unpack it myself but again, you cant unpack an N900 root filesystem on a Windows box.
Anyone who can help me get a copy of this stuff (either what you get when you unpack the root and fiasco file systems manually on a Linux box or what you get when you do a direct pull of all the files on a just-flashed N900) would be most useful at this point.

Of course, a way to unpack the images on a Windows box would also suffice as would a solution to my other question about getting a dev setup going if said dev setup had the relavent bits to allow one to unpack the images.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
flasher -u
does not unpack rootfs? (never tried so, just guessing)

But pali's 0xffff flasher will do so (I hope).
At least you would be able to backup current rootfs/optfs, flash N900, get a fresh copy and restore your modded fs.

Just keep in mind you have to verify above

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Found what I needed, someone had uploaded what was basically a clean copy with just backupmenu installed so thats usable for me.