Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Netherlands
can someone plz help me. I wanted to remove gingerbread to install 0.0.9, so I used the tutorial at Xuggs blog.
mount /home /and
cd /and
rm -rf *
But than I noticed it was removing the /home folder, so I quickly shutdown the phone. After I restarted it I only saw the wallpaper en the menubutton all purple.
is there a way to restore it :S

reflash.
10 chars.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Netherlands
I've reflashed it. now everything is working fine =)

Hey guys i need a little help. So i followed the instructions straight through installation of Gingerbread on my eMMC and after rebooting and trying to get into android, it tries to boot 2.3, but then it fails and i see alot of failure messages but the last thing it says is :

critical process 'service manager' exited 4 times in 4 minutes: <then something about starting recovery mode>

then the phone immediately reboots. I have also installed multiboot for the power-kernel (for overclocking) and i have 3 entries in my boot screen(omap kernel, power kernel and nitdroid).

Does this not work with the power-kernel? Did i do something wrong?

Thanks!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bristol UK
Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone involved in making NITDroid so easy to install. I got my 8gb Samsung Class6 yesterday and installed 0.0.8 using the autoinstaller in 15 mins (thanks to DjSteve and e-yes). And it ran very smoothly without any lag.
Today i decided to update to 0.0.9, this time took 5min (thanks to this tutorial and Xuggs http://xuggs.blogspot.com/2010/12/ni...xmasdroid.html). The bug fixes all worked like a charm, and everytime i have googled a question i may have, i've been directed to this site.
All in all the whole thing has been incredibly easy, and it is in no small part due to threads like this.
Regards
Stefan

hay ammyt

i would like to increase my application memory but those custom emmc images on first page are in zip files. can you explain how to use tham.

thx

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ alex , egypt
Originally Posted by skoaa View Post
hay ammyt

i would like to increase my application memory but those custom emmc images on first page are in zip files. can you explain how to use tham.

thx
simply , unpack it to get the image

i packed it only to be able to upload it to the site as mediafire gives me 200 megabyte maximum size of the file

Last edited by mido.fayad; 2011-02-11 at 02:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to mido.fayad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mido.fayad View Post
simply , unpack it to get the image

i packed it only to be able to upload it to the site as mediafire gives me 200 megabyte maximum size of the file
thx mido, ill try

hey mido one more thing: am i going to lose my date after flashing?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, sorry if I'm being lazy, but if someone remember, can someone say (or point me to the post with the explanation) what will happen if I try to install Gingerbread while I already have Power Kernel installed? I mean, will anything bad happen, can somewhat, should be as good as with the stock kernel (I'm afraid that while booting, something bad can happen like not recognizing kernels or something)?

Thank you!

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-02-11 at 05:46.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid