Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
had a mess around and putting four zeroes at the end of one number, and four nines at the end of the other allowed it to recognise as two seperate numbers.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
This is a problem discussed in the past and comes from not having a universal standard for the phone numbers and the number of digits returned.

For this the workaround is to only check a certain number of the last digits and match it with a number in the contacts. Obviously this does not work everywhere correctly.

There is somewhere here an explanation of the rules for the matching but don't have the time to find the link. I think that is the problem you are having.

Hope it helps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
That's interesting. I have never come accross it before but can recreate this. Weird.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
the worst part is, it happens in most Nokia phones. even the old ones. Tried my sisters samsung but it dint have this issue. Funny and strange problem. :P

Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
I just noticed a weird bug that I encountered today. It so turns out that my friend and his father's mobile number are almost the same with the exception of 1 character difference. Example:

Person 1: +96650123456
Person 2: +96655123456

The weird thing is that i have saved one contact (Person1). So when i dial the second number, it brings the name of the first contact (Person1). If i save the second number (Person2) in the Phonebook, it turns out to just show the number while calling. The log shows proper Information.

Can someone please help confirm this? Is it just me or is this really somethin that everyone is facing and it went unnoticed?

I'm using PR 1.3 with CSSU. Phonebook is in sync with Exchange Contacts. Checked for duplicates etc but dint find anythin. Problem can be replicated with doing the same for other contacts also.

Kindly Advise and Assist. If it is a common problem, we may need to file it.

Best Regards,
Fareed A. Hameed
Is this a problem with Smart Dialing?
http://pocketnow.com/thought/smart-dialing-explained

http://nokiaexperts.com/tips-shortcu...00-user-guide/

Tags
bada rox