Its been like two months i ve been using thing phone..i do know few basics but still i want to loads of thing with my device like you people been doing..i was so wondering what can i do new now..
I know there are still loads of stuffs that can be done in n900..please i too wanna play with my n900 like you ppl do..
So i will b very thankful for you guyz if you can help..

Why not just start on one of the threads whose title sounds like an app/upgrade you would like on your phone and just take it from there?
As that's how I started there are even youtube videos for some of the upgrades to help you along.

If you hit any problems not doubt somebody on the thread will help or give you guidence? Just be careful you don't do something to advanced to start with!

spend a few hours reading this thread,hundreds of great ideas in it
there are 300 pages to read....
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36439

The Wiki is a good place to start, if you what you're looking for. TMO and its list of recent posts is a good place to browse - watching others ask and answer questions - then chip in where you can.
Also, it might be an idea to start doing things through the terminal? Sometimes instead of the equivalent GUI, sometimes because it's the only way to get things done. This device (N900) is my first adventure with Linux, nonetheless using the terminal has allowed me to see how it works (both terminal and device). After a while the commands seep into one's memory without having to look them up each time - though I think you've had a go with apt-get?
Good luck...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Hey guys i ve done some things..i ve checked most of the applications added all the reprosities and again checked applications..i spent days with mobile in my hand ..i ve read many threads..gone thru wiki loads of time..i also bricked my device once..then again mended it by myself...but still i am wonedring wht else can i do..i was trying 'Qtirreco' but it didnt worked in my tv..i mean i cudnt make it work..

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i've never got this working either it sounds a great util i'll be watching this thread

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
qtirreco is a bit hit and miss, user submitted codes and dubious editor, i seem to have more success with set-top boxes than the tv's themselves.
TVbGone is a neat little widget for winding people up,
preenv lets you play some cool games, i loved the scummvm emulator and the new psx4m is pretty neat if you like gaming.
media wise i'm loving the new fuppes port that lets youi turn your n900 into a media server, wirelessly streaming to your home network, and you can already stream to n900 out of the box from a different media server.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
For me. I done many things on my n900 and still couldn't get tired playing with this great device. Why don't you try installing android. All the application you were looking for are there. (well almost) Tons of games all over the internet that can be played with your n900 via nitdroid.

Or you can play with preenv. A webos game emulator which works very smooth.

I for one. Will never going to get tired with my n900. Especially now i have a free internet running via openvpn. You all know how amazing the web browser on the n900 is.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Throw it at the next Nokia employee that you see and hope it gives him a wacking great headache .

Originally Posted by Garcel View Post
For me. I done many things on my n900 and still couldn't get tired playing with this great device. Why don't you try installing android. All the application you were looking for are there. (well almost) Tons of games all over the internet that can be played with your n900 via nitdroid.

Or you can play with preenv. A webos game emulator which works very smooth.

I for one. Will never going to get tired with my n900. Especially now i have a free internet running via openvpn. You all know how amazing the web browser on the n900 is.
hmm...about installing android i actually dont have 2gb mem card..so havent tried that one..
and about preenV i saw games are wonderful but i vent tried tht..i was using Scuumv..it was jst great though..(:
is tvbgone same as qtirreco??

Tags
just shoot me, worstthreadever