Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
I went home to my computer to watch the live stream and all i saw was a lot of people drinkin' beer???

Well i could have been staying, where i was before, there were also a lot of people drinkin' beer (holidays here)

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-05-21 at 00:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
lol, yeah I expected wow from Jolla but didn't get it with the UI and now device design... Oh well I hope the specs is atleast on par with this generation.
As far as quad cores and 1080 screens go we can already be pretty sure there wont be any of that, not that it should come as a surprise to anybody this being a startup and the phone costing 399 euros.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-05-20 at 17:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Aaaaand let me loop this video and think everything is alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-jIyUhFzYk
Is that the episode where Marko Ahtisaari says that Nokia will support the N9 until 2015? Can't beat a good comedy.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
I'm pretty sure the other half will have the possibility to make it a qwerty keyboard. The question is will they make it themselves (which I really hope) or will they just leave it to a third party.
Then there's the question of software integration of such a hw qwerty. Is it built right into code, with keyboard shortcuts, hiding on-screen keyboard, etc.? or would it be just a half-assed add-on toy...
Btw who ever said they don't ship to Austria? I'm pretty sure they will, says "Europe" right there on the homepage.
That stream was in fact rather unprofessional with no new information in it either. they should have allowed for a live (moderated) chat to come in, then poor Marc wouldn't have had to worry about the mics working. It's a good thing he was wearing a black shirt, otherwise all that sweat really would have shown

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

memory, processor, navigation, battery size, resolution and that is just the most imminent needs.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Is that the episode where Marko Ahtisaari says that Nokia will support the N9 until 2015? Can't beat a good comedy.
Priceless.

That was a good presentation. Sad what followed

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
lol, yeah I expected wow from Jolla but didn't get it with the UI and now device design... Oh well I hope the specs is atleast on par with this generation.
those shiny displays & power-ful & -hungry processors also use... a lot of power, which either come with a heavy battery or with a short usage time.
so considering the smoothness of Maemo Harmattan with 1GHz & 1 GB or RAM, a dual core (most likely 1 GB of RAM - if they add a "real" swap partition & don't use ¼ of the RAM as swap ) we should have plenty of power.
and sure as hell we will get swap partitions on µSDXC, so that won't be an issue neither...

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

memory, processor, navigation, battery size, resolution and that is just the most imminent needs.
Yeah revealing RAM, SoC, battery size and such would be appropriate thinking the pre-order system they got going on.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Finns just can't do good presentations. And saying this as a Finn. Everything looks good on the outside, but then usually someone with that unmistakable old people english accent comes and talks :-)

Really not that informative presentation, but I still believe in them strongly.
Dillon spoke very good english, much better than Steven Elop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red