Notices

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
Is there any app available for syncing N900's clock with NTP servers (either manually / on demand, or whenever you get a wifi connection)?
I know about the feature for syncing the clock automatically with carrier's, but not all of them support this; and the N900's clock is acutely inaccurate if left alone even for a week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regulus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
you could use openntpd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coredumb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have the sync-time-now-widget to update time via pool.ntp.org from a status menu button.
Another time set app is gpsrecorder for bootstrapping time via GPS if you are stuck in the Gobi Desert without a cell signal or internet.
I like to shut down every night so my phone grabs time from the mobile provider at startup.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Does sync-time-now have any user-customizable settings somewhere (e.g. if I want to switch to another NTP server)? Or any output on successful/unsuccessful time sync?

Also, how can I now change the power-key menu order, as this options is right somewhere in the middle? I checked /etc/systemui/systemui.xml file, but it hasn't been changed at all.

Last edited by regulus; 2013-06-07 at 16:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to regulus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That would be because it isn't a power menu item but a system menu one. Those are .desktop files in /usr/share/applcations(ildon-status-menu. Someone more knowledgeable will tell you how the priorities are determined.

About the NTP server and other settings, I'd like to know that too. I would imagine it just uses the global one.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
rdate package, and nothing else matters. it works from command line, so you provide whatever parameters (inc. server) you want, and you can even set up a script in wlanup, that will do sync every time you estabilish a wifi connection.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That would be because it isn't a power menu item but a system menu one. Those are .desktop files in /usr/share/applcations(ildon-status-menu. Someone more knowledgeable will tell you how the priorities are determined.
Maybe it still has something to do with "menuitem priority=..." entries in systemui.xml; in that the priority of the sync entry is fixed by system elsewhere, so I have to change the values of the existing items in the file (i.e. if you can't move the mountain, move the houses around it ). Just a wild guess, though.
I'll give it a try, unless someone stops me.

@Estel -- thanks about rdate. Seems I've had it there all along, just never used it.

The Following User Says Thank You to regulus For This Useful Post:
Well, the menu order has changed (to what suits me better) some time after I applied a new system theme. Go figure.

Tags
clock, nokia n900