Active Topics

My order from sgbest has left Hong Kong, I am guessing that it is on its way to California. But I'll keep you guys updated.

UPDATE: It is now in Cincinnatti (I'm located in IL), it is almost here... I can't wait!

UPDATE 2: Just left Cincinnatti!

Last edited by narzix; 2011-11-11 at 11:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to narzix For This Useful Post:
I am planning to get the N9, but unfortunately not available here(I live in India).
I am traveling to shanghai soon, Is it available in china? and how much? I have browsed through nokia china site and see N9 listed but don't understand a thing.
Have few questions
- What is difference between "made in finland" and "made in china" models?
- Does it come with a international warranty?
- any idea when 64GB Cyan model comes out?

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Only today (11/11/2011) in Brazil :

Nokia N9 @ FNAC -11% (R$1.512) in 10x

R$90 for +1 year warranty, R$155 for +2 years.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Dearly, DEARLY, want one of the 64 Black's but I feel these are to highly priced, especially with the holiday sales and the Galaxy Nexus rolling around the corner.

Anyone else in the US waiting? Anyone in the US with the update to the PR1.1 and feel it's worth more than you paid before?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
can onyone confirm it http://www.superbuy.my/shop/p-86558-...4gb-black.aspx
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by montamer View Post
I am planning to get the N9, but unfortunately not available here(I live in India).
I am traveling to shanghai soon, Is it available in china? and how much? I have browsed through nokia china site and see N9 listed but don't understand a thing.
Have few questions
- What is difference between "made in finland" and "made in china" models?
- Does it come with a international warranty?
- any idea when 64GB Cyan model comes out?
The N9 is available here in Mumbai if u want to pick it up. Just pm me & i'll let u know the store details from where u can get it.

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
Dearly, DEARLY, want one of the 64 Black's but I feel these are to highly priced, especially with the holiday sales and the Galaxy Nexus rolling around the corner.

Anyone else in the US waiting? Anyone in the US with the update to the PR1.1 and feel it's worth more than you paid before?
Same boat as you. Well I sold my first one (cyan 16) mainly because I made quite a bit of profit and also had a couple of other devices loaned for testing, etc so I thought I'd buy a black 64 one later when prices went down a bit.

I'd suggest waiting, especially since the holidays are here and you're right with the release of other competitive devices the price should go down.

On related news, Chinese worker pay rates are increasing by 30% I believe, so if there are more N9s being made in China the price will probably reflect the increase. Of course this applies to every other electronic coming from China as well.

Luckily we can also choose Made in Finland, which is one of the reasons I want to wait. More quality control and oversight cause it's a home factory.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Only today (11/11/2011) in Brazil :

Nokia N9 @ FNAC -11% (R$1.512) in 10x

R$90 for +1 year warranty, R$155 for +2 years.
I bought it ! N9 black with 16GB + 2 years of extended warranty (Fnac). I am waiting delivering in some days.

Good news for the MeeGo Harmattan community : expect 3-6 math/scientific softwares in the following months.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dolphins View Post
Same boat as you. Well I sold my first one (cyan 16) mainly because I made quite a bit of profit and also had a couple of other devices loaned for testing, etc so I thought I'd buy a black 64 one later when prices went down a bit.

I'd suggest waiting, especially since the holidays are here and you're right with the release of other competitive devices the price should go down.

On related news, Chinese worker pay rates are increasing by 30% I believe, so if there are more N9s being made in China the price will probably reflect the increase. Of course this applies to every other electronic coming from China as well.

Luckily we can also choose Made in Finland, which is one of the reasons I want to wait. More quality control and oversight cause it's a home factory.
Any specific retailers that carry only Finnish models?

Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
Any specific retailers that carry only Finnish models?
So far it seems that sellers in Europe carry the Finnish models. For instance Amazon.de is definitely a good source and they even ship to US but the price is high right now. Similarly, there's Expansys stores (expansys-usa.com) also has them for a high price.

Here on Amazon.com has it for us through 3rd party sellers but I can't get in contact with them to ask for the make. Also notice how the price went down to $750 from ~$850 within a week! So give it some more time.

Also with the issues that people are having even with pr1.1, it might be better to wait for the next batch of production which will likely come with pr1.1 and hopefully 1.2 if they release it soon enough.

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge