Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Just thought I'd share my experience with Samsung Galaxy Note (I) here since it involves both N900 and Note:

Not that long ago, a friend of mine wanted me to share a large file with him. It was too large for Bluetooth and I try not to connect the USB cabel to my N900 (I want it to last longer), so the obvious solution was to take my 32GB MicroSD out and put it in his Galaxy Note. Guess what happened, Note didn't see anything on the card, just a DCIM folder. A PC we put it in couldn't see anything either and the N900 as well.

So, long story short, Note (unmodded, with stock ROM) formatted my card without asking.

Isn't it nice when a device/operating system thinks it knows just right what you want to do?

PS: I was able to recover all the data in some form, but it was real pain in the a**, so let this be an example of what to be aware of.

Last edited by nodevel; 2013-06-07 at 17:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Just thought I'd share my experience with Samsung Galaxy Note (I) here since it involves both N900 and Note:

Not that long ago, a friend of mine wanted me to share a large file with him. It was too large for Bluetooth and I try not to connect the USB cabel to my N900 (I want it to last longer), so the obvious solution was to take my 32GB MicroSD out and put it in his Galaxy Note. Guess what happened, Note didn't see anything on the card, just a DCIM folder. A PC we put it in couldn't see anything either and the N900 as well.

So, long story short, Note (unmodded, with stock ROM) formatted my card without asking.

Isn't it nice when a device/operating system thinks it knows just right what you want to do?

PS: I was able to recover all the data in some form, but it was real pain in the a**, so let this be an example of what to be aware of.
Interesting. I took my MicroSD card directly from my N900 to use in my Note 2 without any problem (and during the first couple of weeks I had it I went back and forth a couple of times).

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Funny, exactly the same thing happened to me. The only difference was the device. All other circumstances including the OS were the same.

That's really weird.
This hasn't happened to me before, and I hope it never does.

However, thanks for the heads up
+1 all around

I'm flattered

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Happened to me first time I used an Android device, while inserting the micro sd card from my N900 inside it. In my case, I think it was due to me not unmounting the card before pulling it out of the Android.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Is there something similar to the N900's "Find duplicate contacts" and "Merge contacts" for Android/Note 2? What's the best contact management tool that you use? Thanks!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The standard Android contact application has merge. As far as I remember, similar contacts are presented to the user for optional merging. At least this is what I get for different contacts for same person, coming from social networks.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Well, there is an option for merging contacts from phone, google and samsung but not like the one on the N900. Anyway, I already got it sorted through a PC. Thanks!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi Folks! Nice to see some familiar names! In regards to messing up sd card it happened to me once when I tried to upload an ubuntu.img, file that I had on my N900's sd card, to my nook (it had JB os on it).

BTW anyone playing with Moon rom on GN2 or xperiacles rom for the N7000. Both are great and getting even better!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
I currently own an HTC Flyer. While the HTC Flyer is a good device I will be replacing it with a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. I tried the Galaxy Note 8.0 at staples and from my first impressions it looks like a solid device. The reviews of the Note 8.0 seem to be positive.

Tags
android, galaxy note