I've seen a video and read a few posts about LUKS and trucrypt on the N900.

I've seen a few packages like cryptsetup that requires it's own kernel. To my knowledge the kernel I have is required for the bleeding edge wireless drivers, can I encrypt my phones contacts/sms/mydocs directories without using a different custom kernel?

kernel-power in latest version is all that you needfor *both* bleeding-edge wireless drivers *and* fully working Truecrypt. Informations that you have (about fork of kp46 required for bl-wireless) is severely outdated. For more info about Truecrypt, you may want to follow link from my signature.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I THINK, but don't quote me on this, it's also supported in the CSSU-included kernel (which I'm pretty sure IS kernel-power), so if you're running the CSSU, then you don't even need to go out of your way to install the power kernel as an individual package.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I THINK, but don't quote me on this, it's also supported in the CSSU-included kernel (which I'm pretty sure IS kernel-power), so if you're running the CSSU, then you don't even need to go out of your way to install the power kernel as an individual package.
It's kernel-power minus some parts. No idea which ones - I knew it once, but totally forgot, as I wasn't ever interested in cssu kernel vs kernel-power.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: