Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Thanks to your app I can do away with PR1.2's lame attempt. After updating to 1.2, I saw events were in the feed, but I couldn't do anything with them, in other words, the events listed were not dynamic, pressing them did nothing.

With your app, pressing on them takes you to that exact event's details in the Calendar application.

I didn't see any calendar items in the feed with stock 1.2, are you sure? I don't see any settings for that either..

Good to hear you are implementing to-do's without due dates. I currently have both Organiser Feed and Calendar Feed both installed, because for now, Calendar Feed does show to-do's without due dates. But Organiser Feed overall is better, I'd rather just have one.

Also, it would be nice if more aggregate options were given. Such as "aggregate only to-do's without due dates" or "aggregate all to-do's, nearest due dates at top" etc etc

With even more customization on top of that, such as integrating to-do's WITH due dates into the regular stream of events/to-do's.

Sounds like I'm asking for too much. But I'll be glad to donate too. PM me with your PayPal address

Originally Posted by rayluc25 View Post
Also, it would be nice if more aggregate options were given. Such as "aggregate only to-do's without due dates" or "aggregate all to-do's, nearest due dates at top" etc etc
My current implementation simply groups to-dos without a due date in a single entry at the top of the event feed. Due to limitations of the event view this is limited to 5 entries (rows) or 512 characters. All other to-dos without a due date are omitted and the number of the omitted to-dos is shown in the footer of the feed entry. I'm not entirely happy with that approach (it may be somewhat confusing that to-dos with a due date set are listed as separate entries).

I guess I'll implement the aggregate all to-dos mode suggested by you as well as the implementation I described above. Do you think that one entry which aggregates upto 5 to-dos is enough for day to day usage?

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi.

The problem I have is with to-dos, but no sure if it is related to your app.

If I click one of the tasks to mark it as done, it continues showing in the event feed. I have to go to Calendar, Todos, and there mark it again as done to remove it of the feed.

Thanks for developing this app. I use it permanently.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Hi.

The problem I have is with to-dos, but no sure if it is related to your app.

If I click one of the tasks to mark it as done, it continues showing in the event feed. I have to go to Calendar, Todos, and there mark it again as done to remove it of the feed.

Thanks for developing this app. I use it permanently.
That's an issue in the calendar application which I unfortunately cannot fix (it seems like the changes to a directly opened entry are not saved at all - for example a note added will disappear as well. I'll file a bug in the Harmattan bug tracker about this).

Edit: As the bug tracker is already closed I am not able to report this.

Last edited by chillip; 2012-03-09 at 08:45. Reason: Bugtracker closed for new tickets

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Can you aggregate more than just one entry per day? e.g. can I have aggregate one entry per week? or even per month?

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Can you aggregate more than just one entry per day? e.g. can I have aggregate one entry per week? or even per month?
Not at the moment. I will add more aggregation modes for the next "major" release (1.2.x).

The Following User Says Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
I would love to be able to switch to this app from Calendar feed. From the short periods when I have tested this one it seems much more stable. But the thing that is holding me back is that I don't like how it looks. Reading that it will soon be able to aggregate more is great (I only want one item shown). The other thing I don't like is how it treat "All day" events which I commonly use. They show "23:59" as time in aggregate view and "00:00" without aggregation, why?

Another minor annoyance is that it says "All day: " when I would prefer no text at all. Sometimes the spacing between the items shown are uneven, not sure what causes this though.

Something that bothers me in the standard calendar, is that if you do not hear the ringing of the notification or you do not respond quickly enough, this notification will not be repeated automatically, as it was, however, in all previous Nokia phones. If you have the device in a jacket pocket or a case, or you are in another room, then the only way is to look at the display if any reminder is done in the meantime and there is a risk of missing something.

If therefore is not necessary a change of the default calendar application, it would be wonderful if such a repetition, including ringing, would be possible by organizer feed. I mean the slide in the notification window that allows you to close, open or postpone an event.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
I would love to be able to switch to this app from Calendar feed. From the short periods when I have tested this one it seems much more stable. But the thing that is holding me back is that I don't like how it looks. Reading that it will soon be able to aggregate more is great (I only want one item shown). The other thing I don't like is how it treat "All day" events which I commonly use. They show "23:59" as time in aggregate view and "00:00" without aggregation, why?
The time displayed in aggregated mode currently is the end time of the first event in the aggregated view. If you had expiry on start of event set this would be the start time of the first displayed event. As in aggregated mode the time field in the footer is semantically not needed (I still have to supply it in order to ensure correct ordering of the feed entries) I have chosen those values. Do you think it would be a better idea to use the start time of the first event in both cases?

Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
Another minor annoyance is that it says "All day: " when I would prefer no text at all.
The reason I have added is to avoid confusion if no time is displayed at all. I agree that it could be removed for the next version unless someone here speaks up that it is really required.

Sometimes the spacing between the items shown are uneven, not sure what causes this though.
In which view mode and do you mean vertical spacing between the title and the footer? I have had one report where Google Calendar always adds a space in the description field of an all-day event which the current version displays. I have worked around this in the current development version and that fix will be included in the next releases.

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
If therefore is not necessary a change of the default calendar application, it would be wonderful if such a repetition, including ringing, would be possible by organizer feed. I mean the slide in the notification window that allows you to close, open or postpone an event.
Theoretically it would be possible by programmtically looking at the list of uncleared notifications and somehow deriving the actual event from that. I'm not sure whether this is feasible though (I'm not sure if the unique ID of the calendar entry is attached to the notification). I'll look into it when I have time but I am going to implement the new aggregation modes and other requests first.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post: