Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Not the best picture in the world, but I thought the camera did quite well considering the wind, snow and failing light. This is Sheffield's answer to the London Eye a few days before Christmas.

The Following User Says Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post:
n82 was so much better

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
n82 was so much better
That is true. My wife's got one and I've done comparison shots between the N82 and the N900 and the N82 always wins. But then you have to remember that it was designed to be an imaging device with a Xenon flash and everything. The N900 can offer so much more in other departments and it's unrealistic to expect it to match the N82 since there are very few phones even today that can do so.

i have a n900 for couple of days ... i was shopping for something with a larger screen and a keyboard ... i keep struggling to get used to it ... but i regret the n82 for some simple and basic issues:
a 2-years old phone with a camera that is not yet matched (except for videos), sip was perfect (still need to learn how to make the n900 show the caller id), navigation was smooth ... with opera browsing was reasonable ...

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Here's my first post to this forum and I'm a bit proud of it.. Here is a picture I took with my brand new N900 a week ago from my balcony. At night there was a little snowstorm and the cold weather had made beautiful frost in the balcony glass.. So I took a macro of it and posted it to flickr. Enjoy.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pelantti For This Useful Post:
here is one i captured from my balcony...with a couple of steps of digital zoom...i have used it as a desktop background on one of the 4 on the phone n i show it off to all my friends with a demo of the device! their jaw drops after seeing what my n 900 can do :-)

Last edited by guy2die4; 2009-12-29 at 16:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guy2die4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
Here are three which show how sharp the focus can be. It really is a nice lens if all the proper lighting conditions are met.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IWantToMarryTheN900 For This Useful Post:
Anyone can post how it looks for moving objects? I know most phone can't snap a nice one due to long delay focus?? Anyone?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
radio - the n900 is like most phones - moving action is blurry.

The Following User Says Thank You to IWantToMarryTheN900 For This Useful Post:
This one came out pretty good, the LED flash made the cat close its eyes.

But the one I tried to take of my wife handling Christmas lights in low light without using the flash came out horrible.

Still learning the nuances of it.

Tags
camera, fremantle, gallery, image, maemo, maemo 5, n900, photo, photograph, photography, picture, show and tell