Originally Posted by badhon_raj View Post
Got the file.
chromium_5.0.369.2-maemo3_armel.deb
MD5 is b26cbfb9d01160e6ef01f6a89abd4fb0
sha1 5ce4aaa7f5c3e87f48e6cf7cc828824a907463bf

thanks.

But can anyone say, how can I install addon? It is saying
"Your chrome version is not supported by the web store"

also, is there any way to overcome the ssl error?
dont know mate, possibly not, that build is many years old. Unfortunately I didnt see any newer releases build.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
no problem, Thanks for your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to badhon_raj For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by badhon_raj View Post
no problem, Thanks for your help.
But I didnt help - just provided a repository link for your N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
But I didnt help - just provided a repository link for your N900
lol
That's all I asked for.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55762
I still think that someone over-reacted - everyone is free to send stupid letters demanding things, but it doesn't mean that anyone need to comply.

BTW, AFAIK the whole patent issue turned out moot, and parties (like Debian) ignoring it were proven right.

Anyway, one can use chromium via EasyDebian - not the newest one, but still far better than outdated thing from repos. Unless someone update it, I would suggest avoiding repo one - not due to "All American(tm)" software patent nonsense, but due to common sense feasibility.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-08-07 at 14:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I still think that someone over-reacted - everyone is free to send stupid letters demanding things, but it doesn't mean that anyone need to comply.

BTW, AFAIK the whole patent issue turned out moot, and parties (like Debian) ignoring it were proved right.

Anyway, one can use chromium via EasyDebian - not the newest one, but still far better than outdated thing from repos. Unless someone update it, I would suggest avoiding repo one - not due to "All American(tm)" software patent nonsense, but due to common sense feasibility.

/Estel
totally agree with You Estel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

/Estel
thought of that but iceweasel is heavy. it takes long time to launce and render pages.
i thought chromium on easy debian would be same.
chromium 5 is running better than iceweasel. not as good as microB but usable. problem is I couldn't find any way to install extensions yet.
will try chromium on easy debian.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Albania
Hey can somebody send me the link too ?!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Amen! Show me the court ruling in your favour and then I will "cease and decist". Anything else is just giving too much power to lawyers and other parasites. All the talk in the other thread about being safe is just a load of b*ll*cks.

Sorry to get drawn into this like that. It would otherwise be a non-issue for me as I would not touch anything that Goggle has touched so one missing Chrome or three, who cares? But stupid reactions like this really ruffle my feathers.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Amen! Show me the court ruling in your favour and then I will "cease and decist". Anything else is just giving too much power to lawyers and other parasites. All the talk in the other thread about being safe is just a load of b*ll*cks.
It depends. If you as potential infringer are not sure that you're going to win then it makes sense to stop using/distributing the software -> minimizes the damages you'll have to pay.

We don't know what was in that particular version of chromium. So we cannot even speculate

If you're sure to win then of course you do what you want.