I think that I continue use N900 until Maemo 7 (Leste) is every way as good as Maemo 5 with powerkernel then I move to Pinephone (not Pro) as main phone...or continue use N900, it's size is so handy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
I don’t use it as the main phone but is fully functional as for Jan 25th 2023, but it could use a new battery for sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to nmdv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Here we are, mid-october 2023, and I still use my N900. In fact, I picked up another one on ebay when my original kinda fell apart (the USB apparently broke because it wouldn't charge) after 12 years.

I no longer use it as a phone, since work provides an iphone, and I have all of the 2fa garbage to sign into work...However I do still use it for several purposes, more or less as a "brain prosthesis". I still extensively use
  • CMUS to listen to old time radio shows
  • Panucci to listen to podcasts, especially in the car (because I have never found another device that has a built-in FM transmitter)
  • Fuelpad to track my gas mileage
  • Xournal, because who doesn't need a handwriting/PDF markup editor

I admit, I used to use FBreader quite extensively for leisure reading, but over the years, decided my eyes were not getting any younger, so in January, I bought a Pocketbook Era e-paper reader device...But my N900 still gets plenty of daily use...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
I think I will charge up my N900 and see what I can use it up to these days... Or maybe just play with it a little bit out of pure nostalgia My original N900 had the infamous issues with modem, and after some time I accidentally put it in a bag with something wet, it is... rusted now (but one day I might still give it a go to open it and try to clean it). But I bought a second one back in 2012, and it is still like new - I only opened the box then and charged it maybe 2 times to turn it on and update it to latest CSSU Testing back when it was still a thing... I miss this era, I used N900 as my main phone for 10 years, now I change every 2 years for some devices with no personality or anything special...

Btw, I just today thought of this forum and logged in here for the first time in 1-2 years, glad to see it's still online

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Try Maemo Leste

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
It's nice to see people still come here and post. I think my device may end up being a 2G detox device for as long as 2G stays active in my country

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
[QUOTE=VulcanRidr;1575732][*]Panucci to listen to podcasts, especially in the car (because I have never found another device that has a built-in FM transmitter)[*]Fuelpad to track my gas mileage

So nice to have a car on gas and with FM receiver.
Same here: 2023 usage for FM broadcast of podcasts and internet radio, although Nokia 808 and Nokia N8 could be potential candidates it's the N900 that's clearly set to survive those two devices software feature wise!

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Just wondering, how many here still use N900 as a daily driver (For texting, calling, browsing) for all your needs ?

I haven't used it as such to be honest but it seems to be good

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I left in in a drawer to use a Jolla with SailfishOS, afterwards a Sony Xperia XA2 Plus, and since 2 months an Sony Xperia 10 III.

Last edited by malkavian; 2024-01-09 at 21:55. Reason: s/moths/months/

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900