Hi guys,
Suddenly when picking up my phone from charger I see that it does not recognize my cellular network anymore. About an hour ago I spoke with it and everything and did not do anything different since (no reboot, nothing). I run PR1.2 .

I've tried to reboot and switch offline/online mode and nothing - cellular network is not available. Also I've tried changing to a different SIM card and still not working.

What are you suggesting?

Thanks,
Worried Sagi

Try to select cellular network manually with a setup application (Phone).
Do you see any networks?

I get the same problem intermittently. It would suddenly lose the network (Vodafone UK) and sometimes come back. That was on PR1.2 and also happens on PR1.3. To get it round it I go offline then normal mode from the power button. This gets round the problem (as there is no issue with network coverage) - but it is annoying. I was hoping it would have gone with the upgrade in firmware, but didn't (although not happening as frequently).

Vodafone use a slightly different method of cell connection than other UK carriers I believe. Going off line then reconnecting solves it each time. The problem occurs between a 2G (GSM) and a 3G (HSDPA) signal switch. Usually when the 3G signal is weak.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Try to secure the SIM.

I got this problem and then figured out that I didn't secure the SIM inside.

I have an app to switch between DUAL/GSM/3G, before I used GSM and it worked (since the sim is 2G) but now it would only recognize network when selecting 3G. This is wieeeerd!

Sagi