Notices

I know there is many different threads concerning Maemo Mapper, so if someone could just give me the url to the thread I need. I can't seem to find the right search words to find it.
Here is my issue. Google's maps off by quite a lot on the GPS coordinates. The POIs that I have downloaded and my GPS are all off by the same amount. How can I adjust Maemo mapper(move the map over) to fit with my real location. Google Maps is the only one that has the all the streets of where I am at, so I have to use it.
Again just send me the link of where I can find it, unless you feel extra gracious enough to explain it to me. Thank you so much.

If its for the N900 its being worked

on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=maemo+mapper

Mike C

what about being able yo adjust it. I don't have my N900 yet, I'm refering to an N8X0.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I've not heard of anyone coming across this problem before. Do you have the same issue with the openstreet maps? The author might have some insight. you can email John Costigan at gnuite@gmail.com.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
There was some discussion of similar weirdness over here.

If you go to Google Maps (only in Satelite view) all their layers are off by the same amount. Is there a way I can just adjust Maemo Mapper and move everything over to the right spot.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
If you go to Google Maps (only in Satelite view) all their layers are off by the same amount. Is there a way I can just adjust Maemo Mapper and move everything over to the right spot.
What country, city you are in? It seem that Google has error in their database in your location...

I think there was an option of giving manual "offset correction" somewhere in MM settings. (Or could be that there once was... but not any more?) I don't have my N810 with me at the moment to check. Without this I don't know how else you can fix it.

So, if you try some other map source (Yahoo, MSN, Openstreetmap), are those showing correctly? If so, then it is confirmed that it is a Google issue.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
Is there a way I can just adjust Maemo Mapper and move everything over to the right spot.
Yes, it's trivial. See this and this, which fixed an identical problem for someone else a month ago.

Regards,
Roger

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by fragos View Post
I've not heard of anyone coming across this problem before. Do you have the same issue with the openstreet maps? The author might have some insight. you can email John Costigan at gnuite@gmail.com.
It's a well known and discussed issue.

Perfect thanks. Now I have to adjust all my POI's so they match the map correction.