Posts: 23 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Delft, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Is your file different from Drews in Post 168? If yes, it might be worth for me to give yours a try!?
I think it is worth a try. I don't have Drews source for the file in post 168, but it didn't work on my carkit, and this file does.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hm ok, replaced Drews obexd 0.29 from Post 168 with Tuxy's (Post 179)...
Connected to my car, phone book empty, after a few seconds it says "transfering data" (normal behaviour), same few contacts as befor appear :-(

I start scrolling threw the list and look at some entrys looking for any differences...Now it gets weird:
All transfered entry's disappeared!

But then it says again "transfering data", after a few seconds:
MAGIC - Seems like ALL Entrys appear!!! Awesome!
By looking at some entrys I find only two that were transfered with errors (for one the phone number was not transfered and for one the adress entry is incomplete - have no idea yet why this happens, but I can live with that ).

Btw, it works without the outbound call now, its only neccesary after first connect.

Thanks so much for everyone helping making this work (Drew, Jarmo2, Tuxy...)!!! You guys are incredible
Double thumbs up for you, now I can even voice dial while driving

Now, any of you genius has an idea how to get PC Suite connection to work again ???

Last edited by Reflektorfalke; 2010-07-14 at 22:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I tested Tuxy's version also and it works! All contacts are transferred and displayed, but all of them have only one phone number. (Reflektorfalke, are you having the same problem?) Phone number type is correctly detected (eg W for work, M form mobile...).

I have hcidump from the connection and I try to figure out what can be the cause.

Brilliant progress! Thank you all for your support!

The Following User Says Thank You to jarmo2 For This Useful Post:
Ok! I went through the dump and there is only one phone number per contact. Tuxy, are you using ebook or tracker backend? Could there be a difference?

I will try this as well this evening, will keep you guys posted on my results.

I assume the steps are exactly the same as in post #70, but with the files provided in post #179, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jubr For This Useful Post:
Hi Jubr!

Use the new obexd from post #179 and install it with steps from post #173.

It is just a binary (=program) not a deb-package (=program + steps how and where to install)

Ok, I just installed the new version, will play with it on my drive home from work this evening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jubr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Delft, Netherlands
Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
Ok! I went through the dump and there is only one phone number per contact. Tuxy, are you using ebook or tracker backend? Could there be a difference?
Used ebook backend. And as far as I can see this backend now only supports single TEL entries. Not sure though, as this whole PBAP stuff is new to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxy For This Useful Post:
I checked some code

http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/o...8390e4;hb=HEAD

316 if (filter & FILTER_TEL) {
317 GSList *l;
319 for (l = contact->numbers; l; l = l->next) {
320 struct phonebook_number *number = l->data;
322 vcard_printf_number(vcards, format, number->tel, 1,
323 number->type);
324 }
325 }

and noticed that tracker-backend should support multiple phone numbers.. Drew has compiled obexd with both backends. His version has still the crlf-bug, but from the hcidump I can check if multiple phone numbers are handled correctly.

I'll keep you posted.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
I tested Tuxy's version also and it works! All contacts are transferred and displayed, but all of them have only one phone number. (Reflektorfalke, are you having the same problem?) Phone number type is correctly detected (eg W for work, M form mobile...).

I have hcidump from the connection and I try to figure out what can be the cause.

Brilliant progress! Thank you all for your support!
Yes, actually I have the same problem, for each contact has only one phone number.
Wondering why I didnīt notice this myself, guessit was the joy of seeing all contacts or just being to tired while testing!
Or it was because I had the same situation with my old Symbian mobile - with that only the default/standard phone number was transfered...