Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi asfig!

Current pbap version does not support missed/last call functions. It can only transfer address book to the car.

I cant help with the ringing problem. It is a separate problem and does not have anything to do with pbap.

The Following User Says Thank You to jarmo2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
Hi!

Now I tested my little sisters BMW X1 (2010). It also worked perfectly. Names, Company info, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses were all transferred correctly.

My 120d (2008) and sisters X1 (2010) both use vcard version 2.1.

X1 bluetooth version is VK13029-9224422. I cant find version info from my 120d
Damn, as I said I can live with my issue, use a workaround and wait till it is solved somehow...
But knowing that it works for you with the same setup (BMW carkit and latest obexd) is bugging me
Out of curiosity I want to at least know where this weird behaviour comes from

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Still doesnīt work with my bury CC9060 (should support PBAP, OPP and some other BT protocols as said by manufacturer), so i have some questions:

a) I replaced obexd with the one in #209 (right one?), doing as described in #173. (replacing ONLY obexd)
In one or more posts about fixing PCSuite there was something written about reinstall more than only obexd - does this mean that installing means more than replace *only* obexd? if so - which file, mentioned in what post?

2) if not, any1 using CC9060 too and has something to report?

Will try to update my carkit tomorrow, maybe that brings some success, someone wrote about CC9055 not working and CC9056 working... and i think all the CC90xx use the same central box...
If not, i will try to make a dump - but i think that the kit supports pbap as said... my E90 synced with car kit via pbap i think...

ThanX

Originally Posted by SirTurbo View Post
Still doesnīt work with my bury CC9060 (should support PBAP, OPP and some other BT protocols as said by manufacturer), so i have some questions:

a) I replaced obexd with the one in #209 (right one?), doing as described in #173. (replacing ONLY obexd)
In one or more posts about fixing PCSuite there was something written about reinstall more than only obexd - does this mean that installing means more than replace *only* obexd? if so - which file, mentioned in what post?

2) if not, any1 using CC9060 too and has something to report?

Will try to update my carkit tomorrow, maybe that brings some success, someone wrote about CC9055 not working and CC9056 working... and i think all the CC90xx use the same central box...
If not, i will try to make a dump - but i think that the kit supports pbap as said... my E90 synced with car kit via pbap i think...

ThanX
Did you start with the guide from Post #70?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
No
As in the thread about OCn the N900 i am used to read a thread from the end
just to much to read so many pages from the beginning and then finding out that the important posts are on the last 3 pages^^
I am just used to stop when there is explained something about installing - after that i do only a very fast view about the rest...

long post - short meaning:
No, i have not... so i will do that now

Thanks

Edit:
Now installed packages w/o developer.
overwritten obexd with the one from #209
lookin forward to next try of sync tomorrow

but i have seen that my car kit has a new firmware to install... new one "now" supports OPP - so perhaps the "italian" way with petrovich should work too... So no need for dealing with obex... too late^^ I think i will first try petrovich (again) if i succeed in updating my car kit - thats not so easy sometime at this special car kit...
And after that i will try PBAP

Last edited by SirTurbo; 2010-07-22 at 20:19.

Originally Posted by SirTurbo View Post
Edit:
Now installed packages w/o developer.
overwritten obexd with the one from #209
lookin forward to next try of sync tomorrow

but i have seen that my car kit has a new firmware to install... new one "now" supports OPP - so perhaps the "italian" way with petrovich should work too... So no need for dealing with obex... too late^^ I think i will first try petrovich (again) if i succeed in updating my car kit - thats not so easy sometime at this special car kit...
And after that i will try PBAP
@SirTurbo: Of course you should use whatever approach you feel more comfortable with. But it would be nice if you could test PBAP and let us know about your results. Every input is helpful...

@Everyone: As obviuosly its already quite confusing to update obex for someone who didnīt follow the whole path. What do you think of creating a new thread?

This new thread could have a more appropriate title like e.g. "[Announce] PBAP/Carkit support coming to N900". Hopefully this will attract more interest and more testers...
A new thread would also give us the chance to have a "regularly updated summary post #1" and thus for everyone in the community a way to get a fast overview of current status/issues as well as an up-to-date installation guide...

What do you think guys, would this make sense/be helpful?

If yes, from my point of view it would be best if one of you guys who did all the work here (Tuxy, Jarmo, Drew...) would write the summary based on your knowledge.
Of course, in case you like the new thread idea, but prefer to focus on developing rather than / dont have the time to / want to write the summary I offer to give it a try myself...
Or any other volunteers out there ???

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Reflektorfalke, about your non-working contacts. Have you imported them from a different phone/computer? Have you checked from the dump that there is no extra (non-printable) characters anywhere.

All my contacts were exported from a N95 and Google contacts (via Nuevasync) or they were created on N900.

About the new thread. There is also a wiki-page at wiki.maemo.org (very slow at the moment)

http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...tooth_profiles

and the bug 6368 at bugs.maemo.org.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6368

Should we update something to those places also? To my mind we should have one place where the progress is documented and the other places should have just a link to the main page.

Bug 6368 has a long list of watchers. They could be potential testers?

Reflektorfalke, about your non-working contacts. Have you imported them from a different phone/computer? Have you checked from the dump that there is no extra (non-printable) characters anywhere.
Yapp, as my phonebook evolved over years by syncing over several phones and with Outlook as well as Notes I was thinking about this possibility too.
But I think I eliminated this by creating this one duplicate account for testing right on my N900 - this account was only transferred correctly after I added a second phone number.
I also copied several affected vcards from wireshark into wordpad and did not find any strange characters.
Further, I think it would be a impossible coincidence that only contacts with special characters are affected by that!?

About the new thread. There is also a wiki-page at wiki.maemo.org (very slow at the moment)

http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...tooth_profiles

and the bug 6368 at bugs.maemo.org.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6368

Should we update something to those places also? To my mind we should have one place where the progress is documented and the other places should have just a link to the main page.

Bug 6368 has a long list of watchers. They could be potential testers?
Oh yes, very good point to have only a single place to maintain!
Besides easy maintainence I think another important point is user-friendliness...

From my point of view, the bug page is not the place where the average user looks. And I also think posts can not be updated there, resulting again in a confusing number of separate posts.
But most important, as I understand the bug page it is not the place for such a purpose!?
But of course winning those guys over there as testers would be great, but arenīt all of them also at tmo?

I really like the idea with the wiki, especially because it can be edited by everyone and not only by one person like a forum post (hope I am right here: tried once to edit a wiki but was not able to as it required a special account,right?).
What I am not sure about is the user acceptance of a wiki page as to me the community seems very forum focused...

Well, to me the best approach seems to be a new thread with a short first post explaining that all relevant information can be found on the wiki page...
Aehm well, at least if the wiki will be faster again, it doesnīt even open for me at the moment

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Delft, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
From my point of view, the bug page is not the place where the average user looks.

(...)
I really like the idea with the wiki, especially because it can be edited by everyone and not only by one person like a forum post

(...)

Well, to me the best approach seems to be a new thread with a short first post explaining that all relevant information can be found on the wiki page...
I like all the suggestions from Jarmo2 and you. As I see it, a single post to the bug thread could not only attract testers, but also developers. A wiki page can be used to reflect the current status, and a new thread with a more positive title and a clarifying first post could eliminate some confusion seen in this thread.

Having said that, I'm perfectly comfortable with whatever you guys (where is Drew?) decide to do. I'll just keep on debugging and hopefully fix things