Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
@mosen if you don't like yeast in beer, stay away from Alpirsbacher Kloster Weisse. It has a very rich and soft taste with some sweetness and the yeast note is stronger than in most other brands.

Drinking more than two bottles is easy, if you are trained to it and Weissbier ist veeeery common in southern Germany.

Funny enough I normally prefer dark Weissbier which is a contradiction to it's name. But the dark one have a malty taste which I like very much.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Here we go:

]

My daughter and I slogged across the just-melted lawn to try to get some good photos before sunset. I picked my personal favorite for my entry.

This installation is of course called "Shuttlecocks" (1994) and is a bona fide local attraction. At least one other photographer was shooting here at the same time, and there are a number of people wandering around the sculptures just out of view.

The birdies are ginormous, 586 cm long x 487 cm diameter, and give the impression that a group of giants has been playing badminton using the art gallery in the background as the net. IMHO, the fanciful installation makes the gallery much more approachable -- before they were there, it seemed more fortress-like rather than inviting.

I wish the mall, or esplanade, or whatever was a little greener, but turf grass is still dormant here in March, so ya work with what ya got.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
The "sharing" I write of specifically in this case is using the jockr app's flickr sharing plugin to post images from gallery to Flickr. But it's not just that . . .

Unfortunately, sharing in general got broken on my device at some point. Can't share pictures to MMS, email, etc. Or contact info, for that matter. When I try to share a picture, card, etc., I see no accounts available for sharing even though they are there.

I can receive pictures just fine, whether by mms or email. Contact cards too. If I were a frequent picture texter, I'd have probably already reflashed sailfish, but I'm not, so I haven't.
Hey, I have the same problem on my Jolla Phone, just a blank page when I select the Share option. I don't run into it very often because I usually grab the files I want via SSH, but from the little bit of thinking I've done, I think it's probably caused by a patch or another third party package. If I figure it out, I'll let you know for sure.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
The "sharing" I write of specifically in this case is using the jockr app's flickr sharing plugin to post images from gallery to Flickr. But it's not just that . . .

Unfortunately, sharing in general got broken on my device at some point. Can't share pictures to MMS, email, etc. Or contact info, for that matter. When I try to share a picture, card, etc., I see no accounts available for sharing even though they are there.

I can receive pictures just fine, whether by mms or email. Contact cards too. If I were a frequent picture texter, I'd have probably already reflashed sailfish, but I'm not, so I haven't.
Well, what do you know, I found the solution on TJC. Apparently, it's caused by outdated (third party) share plugins, which for some reason make the share options crash. It seems to me that this is a bug as the outdated plugins should simply be skipped, but either way the solution is to check which third party share plugins you have installed, and get rid of them. Go to /usr/lib/nemo-transferengine/plugins, and take a look at the timestamps. If one or more don't match up, they're probably the offenders. In my case, it was libshare-plugin-telepathy, installed by a third party package that made it possible to share pictures from the Gallery with XMPP accounts. As it turns out, there's a newer version of the plugin, which is again compatible. It works, so happy is me.
If you can't figure out where one of the offending plugins comes from, you can enter
Code:
pkcon what-provides name-of-the-plugin
in your terminal.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
All these images crashed my microb and had to disable images to be able to view this thread.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
All these images crashed my microb and had to disable images to be able to view this thread.
And given that this is a photo contest thread, that really bites!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Well, what do you know, I found the solution on TJC. Apparently, it's caused by outdated (third party) share plugins, which for some reason make the share options crash. It seems to me that this is a bug as the outdated plugins should simply be skipped, but either way the solution is to check which third party share plugins you have installed, and get rid of them. Go to /usr/lib/nemo-transferengine/plugins, and take a look at the timestamps. If one or more don't match up, they're probably the offenders. In my case, it was libshare-plugin-telepathy, installed by a third party package that made it possible to share pictures from the Gallery with XMPP accounts. As it turns out, there's a newer version of the plugin, which is again compatible. It works, so happy is me.
If you can't figure out where one of the offending plugins comes from, you can enter
Code:
pkcon what-provides name-of-the-plugin
in your terminal.
Thanks! And you know what, it was the jockr plugin -- the one I wanted to use for purposes of this contest -- that was the culprit.

It seems to me that this is a bug as the outdated plugins should simply be skipped
I would agree with that. Especially since a good plugin can go bad . . .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Rock jetty going out about a half mile into the harbor. Passing through on vaca... Sony Xperia X Compact; Sailfish 3.0.2
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Rock jetty going out about a half mile into the harbor. Passing through on vaca... Sony Xperia X Compact; Sailfish 3.0.2
Nice use of the "rule of thirds" on the crop, and the attractive gradient in the sky on the top 2/3.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Nice use of the "rule of thirds" on the crop
Interesting. It must be one of those things that only photo nerds will appreciate. As a mere mortal, my first reaction was, "what a total waste of space of a half of the picture on nothing but the sky". I even covered the top half with my hand and the picture looked much better.

But what do I know, to the experts it is a 'nice use of the "rule of thirds"'

and the attractive gradient in the sky on the top 2/3.
That is true. The gradient is nice.

PS
I have a similar example from some years back. The company I was working for at the time was rebranding and the head of marketing did a presentation on the new features. One of them was widening the spaces between the letters in the company logo. His justification was that it conveyed the idea that we are more "open".

My reaction? A complete BS. First of all, I would not have even noticed unless I saw the two logos side by side and second - wider spaces = more open? Really? It may possibly mean something to other marketing directors or typographical buffs who eat and breathe this stuff but outside their small bubble, no one really cares.

I asked a few colleagues who also attended that presentation and all their reactions were exactly the same as mine

Last edited by pichlo; 2019-03-27 at 08:06.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition