Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Something tells me that the N900 will be far and away more popular and make more money than the so-called 'consumer-friendly' N9.
You are so wrong. For a regular consumer N900 was a failure. N9 will be a success

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Testing the latest Qt SDK with Maemo Harmattan support with emulator, itsdogslow cause if software rendering probadly cause my hostsystem doesnt support HW rendering in QEmu (NVdidia closed source crap :-@

But if people want to try play with the harmattan download latest SDK

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/06/21/...to-the-qt-sdk/
Thanks for the heads-up. Updating my Qt SDK now.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
You are so wrong. For a regular consumer N900 was a failure. N9 will be a success
True, but I'm more concerned if it will be a succe$$ for Nokia.

weres the stand? wtf

Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Let me explain for the idiots: when I develop on my Ubuntu box, I don't need to buy a second Windows machine, sign up with Canonical, and download a 9000 jiggibyte proprietary 'SDK toolkit'.

I just type 'apt-get install build-essential' and type away my code.
It just works.

Moreover: I can download any old random .tar.gz off the Internet, unpack it, run 'configure' and 'make' and expect it to work out of the box.

That is what a true ecosystem looks like.
I routinely type the following on my n900:

Code:
apt-get build-dep <package>
dpkg-buildpackage -b -d -nc
And I'm guessing something similar will continue for Harmattan. Why don't you start reading from the link in my sig and see how.

But regardless, please calm down.

Last edited by daperl; 2011-06-21 at 20:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Just my two cents. This device fails because they stopped support for it the moment they stopped support for MeeGo. This will be the last Nokia MeeGo device you'll ever see for consumers. As long as Elop runs the show, MeeGo is left to the devs and I'm sure most of you know what kind of relationship regular "I want the cool phone" consumers have with Linux OS developers.

Hint: None

Nokia, you can kiss the fattest part of my ***...and while you're down there, spread it so I can give you a nice surprise.

The Following User Says Thank You to jperez2009 For This Useful Post:
Elop spreads faster than HIV .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
I think that nfc is simply deprecating FM transmission. the main use was on car radios, but most of the new models come with bluetooh, and will start coming with nfc now.
Not at all. Just as FM transmission and Bluetooth are technologies that serve different purposes (even if for some uses they may seem to overlap), it is the same case with NFC.

You really don't want to use NFC to send an audio stream to a car radio. And not only because its range is just a few centimeters or its speed is probably too slow for that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xRobby For This Useful Post:
Since no one has mentioned it, yet... it looks like the N9 has a digital compass (aka magnetometer). The lack of one was one of my major complaints about the N900.

Does anyone know if the N950 included a compass?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????