Notices

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bucharest
any news ?

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Not yet, sorry.

I made a couple of tests to see whether it works the way I thought it would (and it did! ) and created the framework of the application.

But right now my spare time's a bit tight - have to get ApMeFo V1 up and running, a bit of work related stress, a new project launching next week, work on my new house just started (Yosh! Finally ) and sleeping 10 hours a day to avoid the heat doesn't help, either.

I'll try to get something test-worthy up by next week, so at least it won't collide with my new project (which will slow down progress on my private apps to a crawl, I fear ).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
yeeeeeeeeeey...in the near future we gonna' have something working

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
I won't promise it will be pretty, though!
But I'll try to make the first version at least usable. It's polish it will only be receiving in a couple of weeks, though, when (hopefully) I'll have a bit more time on my hands again.

(Btw: So far this only seems to work for the application menu - I've not yet found out what I have to do to make it work on the desktop, too.)

Here's the first drafts of the interface - if there's anything you'd like the request to be changed, by all means do so. I'll try to get it implemented into the first version as long as it's something that doesn't take too much time.

The first tab works pretty much the same as the Create/Edit tab in ApMeFo: with "Select" one can get a popup list of all available applications or all available custom icons (if one wants to assign a standard icon, one would either have to upload it to the custom folder first, or simply enter it's name without select it from the list).

"Save Application" will create a new .desktop file in the local hildon folder (the standard files are in the global one, so they won't get overwritten).

Btw, in one of the later versions there'll be a third input box where you'll be able to edit the execute line. While that's probably not going to be useful with existing applications, it will allow for the creation of new icons, for example to create shortcuts to EasyDebian applications or selfmade scripts.

The "Select" next to image source will open a file dialog to select any image (in the first version most probably limited to .png) file within MyDocs or the MMC card.

The second "Select" will display all filenames used so far (so you can overwrite them), but of course you can just enter a new one, too.

"Save Icon" will read the file specified at Image Source and copy it to the local icon folders (48x48 and probably scalable) under the name specified.

That vast, empty space is actually a list where all the customised applications will be displayed. One or more of them can be selected and the local .desktop files will be deleted by hitting "Revert selected".

(Since we never touched the global .desktop files, those will still be there and thus this will simply result in the standard icons to be applied once again.)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Nathraiben: I am not sure but you could take a look at this page. Maybe it could help you to get an idea. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52474

A problem would be when the program are updated. Then it will go back to the stock icon. That i am not sure how to overcome.

"Here's the first drafts of the interface - if there's anything you'd like the request to be changed, by all means do so. I'll try to get it implemented into the first version as long as it's something that doesn't take too much time."

Looks brilliant!
The idea is that everyone can give their opinion about the possible improvements. For me is very good as it is

bump, any news ?

any news ?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Kozuchów, Poland
bump.... any news on this project??