hello,
i just installed "hide my user agent". And now when i go to youtube and play any HD video, i can change the reslution to 720p or even 1080p and it still plays , well its really slow and laggy on 1080p but still it "plays" both sound and video . so hows that possible?

becouse its flash....
Think before post please.

HI welcome to the forum.

I don't use HMUA myself, butI will take a guess... It would seem that it is masking the device information that is usually given to a website when the handshake occurs. This would mean that Youtube will display the full webpage and all of the options that you would see in a full desktop web browser instead of adapting (or redirecting) the page for specific device browsers.

As for the videos themselves, well they won't be displayed in 1080p on the n900 as we know we have 800x480 display and MicroB will be doing its job of scaling web pages to fit the screen, so only the embeded player will be running at full HD.

That said, a good 1080p video can still look pin sharp I may have to have a play with Hide My User Agent.

MIN

HD will play with software decoder (nothing new- ultra slow), limitation is with the hardware decorder, but there's some hope coz "freemangordon" is currently working on updating the dsp code/binary and he's been already able to play 720p hw accelerated on n900 (not flash though), so its a matter of time....i have my high hopes

Nkirk

Last edited by nkirk; 2011-05-11 at 15:48. Reason: add

question sir.. its posible to watch movie online? using microb ? ive try it but it was so slow and laggy i can watch video from youtube only..is thre a way for our n900 to do that?

Thanks for clearing this up for me

Originally Posted by ezravine View Post
question sir.. its posible to watch movie online? using microb ? ive try it but it was so slow and laggy i can watch video from youtube only..is thre a way for our n900 to do that?
Only with overclocking and some tweaks this will be possibe. However, given the fact that you weren't able to figure this out by yourself, I wouldn't reccommend either of those options.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Well... If the video is around 360 to 480p, you could play it locally. All you need to do is search the MyDocs/tmp folder. It's where videos from the web are cached.
From there, you can play it with the media player, VLC, mplayer or ffplay. (Optional part. Mplayer is most likely to work.)

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Iceweasel+Flash 10.2 I think it will work.

Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
Well... If the video is around 360 to 480p, you could play it locally. All you need to do is search the MyDocs/tmp folder. It's where videos from the web are cached.
From there, you can play it with the media player, VLC, mplayer or ffplay. (Optional part. Mplayer is most likely to work.)
thanks sir for advise ..more power goodbless im a fan of watchng online..but i would like to do it on my N900 rocks..