Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Don't know what to think of the professionality of the guy. Talking about Nokia phones and keyboard he mentions N9, E7 and N97. Maybe I just heard badly while traveling with train and missed a point. Definately should have mentioned from N770 up to N950 to be a professional review even though some are just tablets .

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
Oh dear! F(x)tec support has confirmed that stock assignment emails has been sent to customers that are in the second batch and I have not received the mail. This means that I am not in the second batch and most likely not receiving Pro1 before Xmas. I am feeling really sad now. I am also bothered that there are people in the second batch without the IGG coupon.

My order:
Order number 11xxx
IGG coupon
Paid 1st of August
QWERTZ EU
That sounds quite bad. I thought that all buyers that used the IGG coupon should be served first and should actually already be getting their phone.

I have order number 49## and paid 31.7. but since I don't have the IGG coupon I am not expecting my unit to arrive anytime soon... Maybe next year. I can wait.

The Pro1 seems to be really difficult and slow to manufacture.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
Oh dear! F(x)tec support has confirmed that stock assignment emails has been sent to customers that are in the second batch and I have not received the mail. This means that I am not in the second batch and most likely not receiving Pro1 before Xmas. I am feeling really sad now. I am also bothered that there are people in the second batch without the IGG coupon.

My order:
Order number 11xxx
IGG coupon
Paid 1st of August
QWERTZ EU
I'm in the same situation, Chen told me it's because of QWERTZ keyboard, these are planned in the following batch.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I'm in the same boat, order#48xx, QWERTY, uk. No email, order status 'processing'.

I'm not upset about the delays, I've been in electronics design for a VERY long time, and I well understand the complexities making this happen.

What does annoy me is that fxtec don't seem to have any kind of a grip on the communications...

- they send out update emails that seem to contradict, or at least ignore, previous statements.

- They fail, as far as I can see, to post copies of those updates on their website, or forum, or anywhere where it can be seen by those not in the email loop. This is pointless of course, as someone always posts a copy, but an official post would be preferable.

- If emails in their forum are to be believed, then fxtec support seems to be sending out replies with a slightly different message to anyone who whines loud enough.

Twitter posts seem calculated to annoy too - 'it's there for your journey' err, no it isn't!
'F(x)tec knows that you keep your phone close' - really?

What's next, a twitter video of the fxtec xmas party "Here's us having a p!ss up with your money" ????

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
[Order #56XX] (February 28, 2019)
QWERTZ; EU
Paid: July 31th 2019.
No "stock assigned"
I think we should start including the year in dates in the saga getting the Pro1

Last edited by acrux; 2019-12-03 at 13:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Don't know what to think of the professionality of the guy. Talking about Nokia phones and keyboard he mentions N9, E7 and N97. Maybe I just heard badly while traveling with train and missed a point. Definately should have mentioned from N770 up to N950 to be a professional review even though some are just tablets .
Hi. I'm not sure why you think the reviewer is not professional. He is actually quite good and is well known. The N770 was a small tablet if my memory serves me right and N950 was never sold. I could see mentioning N900. Of course none ran Android. Indeed, he might of mentioned the last Android phones that were sliders like HTC and LG. I think there was a Motorola one too a few years back. Anyways, I believe the reviewer is good and he says he will have follow up review.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I'm not sure why you think the reviewer is not professional. He is actually quite good and is well known. The N770 was a small tablet if my memory serves me right and N950 was never sold. I could see mentioning N900. Of course none ran Android. Indeed, he might of mentioned the last Android phones that were sliders like HTC and LG. I think there was a Motorola one too a few years back. Anyways, I believe the reviewer is good and he says he will have follow up review.
Well, N9 is not a keyboard phone, for starters.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
No news on mine yet, but as those waiting for pre-orders haven't had anything yet, I'm probably looking at late Dec when Clove Technologies get there's in.stock.

Couple of quick questions though. In the specs it mentions 5G compatibility outside Europe. Does this mean it could get 5G in EU?

And what version of Alien Dalvik is present on the device?

Thankees

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think he just didn't put much time for the video, like thinking what could be good to have in it - meaning a thorough well thought list of devices. My comment was not ment the way it probably sounded. It was a short video, spoken really fast and gave the impression of not spending too much time on thinking of what is included. My hopes were (rewiever XDA developer or something I supposed) a more thorough, going deep into the device and without a rush.

But if you are a blogger you have to surf the waves in the first line so maybe this should have been uinderstood to be just a teaser and hope more from the following video.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit