i am using windows 7 laptop with a wifi connection for my laptop. i installed vnc/ tightvnc / ultravnc on my pc and installed rdesktop and vnc on my n900, i tried every combination i cant think of but i can access my laptop from my phone, everytime i connect it says could not connect. while trying vnc i tried one of those test things which is located just beside where they show the ip, and it said
VNC Server appears to be behind a NAT router with IP address <my ip address>. You will need to configure that router to forward port 5900 to this computer before you can connect to VNC Server over the Internet.
basically i cant connect to vnc server connection, so i think there is a problem with my pc coz i use win 7, i think there shuld be sumthin i need to change( btw i took care of all the firewall stuff n remote access stuff). if there is a problem with my OS then i have this VMware in my laptop which has winXP, i opened it and installed vnc and tried that test, same error
now what i wanna know is does anyone know what is wrong with my router and how do i fix it?? i really really wanna know so if anyone know the solution plsss post it up here

btw i hide my ip in the qoute

ok after some research i found that i need to forward my port 5900 through my NAT router!! so i logged into my 192.168.1.1 page and disabled the SPI firewall protection, now i can remote access my pc through n900 but only if i am in my home network, if i chose any other network i cant connect.

i also saw the sinle port forwarding option but the table there has like 4 columns
internal port // external port // tcp/udp/both // ip address (192.168.1.__) what should i enter in the blank and should i enter port 5900 in the internal port column or external port column???

i got it

Last edited by mads; 2010-08-31 at 10:03. Reason: found the solution