Notices

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Your application has problems with umlauts like üäöß. Could you please fix that?
Thanks in advance.
I'm going to fix this at the weekend Didn't test the umlaut-fix on the phone, only on my windows machine - that's why it screwed up ...

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
The umlauts and euro signs now work without any problems. An update to web2sms-0.1.2-6 should appear in your application manager.

Thanks for the update, you are right about the fix ;-)
Maybe you can update the remaining free SMS after sending!?
And why is web2sms listed in Tools and not in Network when you use it together with Catorise?

Maybe you can update the remaining free SMS after sending!?
Changing the remaining amount might either be only a "guessed" count or it eats your network connection because another request is being sent. For example if you send an message to "00000" like I do for testing, the site says "1 message consumed" but since O2 is friendly they don't charge you for sms that have never been delivered. So only a site reload would return a valid number but takes about 1 - 2 seconds on 3G and forever on 2G What do you prefer?

And why is web2sms listed in Tools and not in Network when you use it together with Catorise?
Moved to network now since there is no communication category

PS: The ui changed a bit, don't know if people dislike this (the lines may look invisible on bright themes):

The last option would be the safe way to know if the message was successfully sent. I think it is better than guessing.
Thanks

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I can't install. It says: Conflict with application packages : python-2.5-qt4-gui (4.7.3-maemo5)

would it be possible to see a list of what countries each of these servics supports? that would be very helpful!

Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
I can't install. It says: Conflict with application packages : python-2.5-qt4-gui (4.7.3-maemo5)
Try uninstalling python-2.5-qt4-gui or do a "apt-get upgrade". The Python support may be removed in coming versions if no one needs it ...

Originally Posted by forteller View Post
would it be possible to see a list of what countries each of these servics supports? that would be very helpful!
This is already designated in the code but I haven't decided how to show that in the ui. Mainly all services support all countries, I can only give a "hint" where they come from. But for betamax this is unknown, each service is a own company in different countries but they all belong to a german head company. Also biteSMS supports almost every country.

Could you add a feature which doesn't ask for the contact number if there is only one mobile phone number specified for a contact?
Sometimes I send a SMS to a contact with only one number in the address book and I still get the dialog which number I want to use.

Could you add a feature which doesn't ask for the contact number if there is only one mobile phone number specified for a contact?
Sometimes I send a SMS to a contact with only one number in the address book and I still get the dialog which number I want to use.
You're really lazy with your fingers I'm going to implement this along with new settings to toggle this functionality plus the ability to toggle between the "black maemo conversations style" and the "boring white background" style.