Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Nothing. I want to do away with it
Agree, I just don't see the point of it. The fact that it holds no useful information only makes matter worse.

@ZogG I share your frustrations. The updates so far have just made the device usable, but I would not call it a smart phone yet. The Jolla=unlike is just not true. It's Jollla=Justlike in my opinion.

As for people pointing out Nokia and the N9 update frequency, yes MeeGo on the N9 only had 3 updates but it was far more usable out of the box and had a paid app store from the outset so it is not a fair comparison.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
@ZogG yes and no! we are in the same boat with Jolla at the moment and we all know that there is a narrow window to success/safety.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@ZogG first of all you comparing nokia product made by thousands developers with jolla made by just one hundred of developers.
And all those thousand worked on N9? right?
or was it small groups (yes maybe with more resources) working on maemo and after on meego, while most others worked on symbian/other nokia products? Or i missed maemo/meego being first priority/main product of nokia at any point?

And again, as i said, we got that they are small group, they did not, as they keep promising and starting so many products they do not finish, and they they use excuse of "we are small".
Being ambitious is one thing, being light-head running forward without thinking thru or knowing your resources is being stupid.

in case you don't get it, translation, just for you with ♥:
Мы то поняли, что они маленькая компания. А они видимо не понимают, потому обещают золотые горы и начинают по сто проектов, которые не могут довести до ума, чтоб потом опять таки отмызаться, что их мало.
Одно дело иметь амбиции, другое бежать вперед не подумав и не оценив свои ресурсы (быть дурачком).

Last edited by ZogG; 2014-12-12 at 14:11. Reason: typos fix

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
@ZogG yes and no! we are in the same boat with Jolla at the moment and we all know that there is a narrow window to success/safety.
yeap. you are the resources of boat and they use you as they want with not sharing with you any information what and how it's going. Which can be fine for a small time, but after phone release situation did not change and they asking for more money for tablet saying it is open source, while it is not. Same was told on parts of OS on phone and nothing changed after 2 years.
Btw they said sorry for that on IRC, but no official statement on site, answer on TJC, as it might ruine their image (not first time they keep silent on things they can't answer, so much for "making together table").

Now surely, you are on the same boat, the problem that if it starts sinking, crew will left and maybe start new project promising even more "blackjack and hookers", but you'll be left on that boat till you get to the bottom of the sea

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
@ZogG I've been thrown twice in the sea (N900, N9) and I survived, I do enjoy sailing on small boats to boring cruise ships.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
@ZogG I've been thrown twice in the sea (N900, N9) and I survived, I do enjoy sailing on small boats to boring cruise ships.
I want Jolla to succeed as much as anyone. But at the same time I have to agree with @Zog. I dont have the luxury of owing two phones. I just want a working everyday phone and Jolla is not making things easy. I have contributed to Tablet, but still would be happy (and may be contribute more) if only Jolla team gave me a WORKING, STABLE, EVERYDAY phone. And I am not even asking for a SMARTPHONE!!! Just one without call drops, auto restarts or network issues.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Team Jolla, dont test the patience of your supporters!!!

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Now tell me again how is android is bad and less opensourced
Sure, Android is open source. If you count half of the OS that hasn't been updated in literally years (last I checked, the AOSP music player is still exactly the same as it was in Android 2.3), but instead has been made into proprietary Google (tm) (r) (c) apps, as open source. Don't confuse Android with AOSP, and don't think AOSP is even remotely up to date or usable without having to add anything to it.

How do you edit your Android lockscreen? How do you use a different UI in Android? How do you even do anything in Android without having to resort to security holes to install superuser?

If you complain about one thing being **** in comparison with something else, at least first make sure that other thing isn't just as ****, if not more.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
@meet.vino, how do you define a SMARTPHONE, and which criteria of that smartphone the Jolla phone is failing?

I have not experienced restarts with my phone.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Have I got a weird device? My lock screen shows the date, time, notifications, carrier, battery level...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post: