Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Anybody successfully able to sync their N900 with Ubuntu via bluetooth?

No takers?

No Ubuntu users in the forum? Sure there are...

in the UK phones are not really on general supply yet, wait till we get ours all sorted and you have a better chance of us trying it. I'm an Ubuntu user and will be testing it when I get my phone...

Has anyone been able to sync up with usb?
or get it to work as a modem successfully?

Nobody is able to sync with Linux here? Nokia done it again-- killing two birds with one stone: making a linux based phone for windows users, fantastic.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
You can connect the N900 to Ubuntu for cellular web access, there is a post on this very forum about how to do it. There is also a bluetooth DUN package in the repositories to make enabling blutooth DUN easier.

Here is the thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32018

Last edited by slate8; 2009-12-17 at 14:52. Reason: Added link to thread.

Originally Posted by slate8 View Post
You can connect the N900 to Ubuntu for cellular web access, there is a post on this very forum about how to do it. There is also a bluetooth DUN package in the repositories to make enabling blutooth DUN easier.

Here is the thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32018
Thanks but what I want to do is to sync my calendar with the phone. What is being talked about in the other thread is more like bluetooth tethering with the phone for wireless connection. I am not interested in that. Anyway to sync calendar with the N900 via bluetooth on the N900?

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Thanks but what I want to do is to sync my calendar with the phone. What is being talked about in the other thread is more like bluetooth tethering with the phone for wireless connection. I am not interested in that. Anyway to sync calendar with the N900 via bluetooth on the N900?
I'm not entirely sure I'm afraid, having never needed to try. Maybe someone else can suggest a solution.

I did see a linux version of PC Suite in development somewhere but I'm not sure it was that feature rich yet.

Personally I sync over the air to my Google calendar with http://nuevasync.com/
My Google calendar is also synced to Thunderbird on my Ubuntu desktop. Works very well.

The Following User Says Thank You to slate8 For This Useful Post:
Once you have connected you n900 to your ubuntu box via whatever means you like (usb/bt) then its just a question of "how do I sync (whatever I use for PIM data on my ubuntu box) and the n900.

I do it via the sky - ubuntu syncs to google, n900 syncs to google (or ubuntu to google to exchange to n900 if I'm going for extra difficulty points)

There is no pc suite for linux though, that is true.