Notices

I have the same problem '.m4a' cover art is not shown

Google came up with this

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7413

Has anyone got th epatch to work? Is it safe?

Originally Posted by toojays View Post
Tracker is the program which indexes all the media on the N900. For MP3s it copies the cover art to a filename with the form /home/user/.cache/media-art/album-$(printf ' ' | md5sum)-$(printf '<album-name-in-lowercase>' | md5sum).jpeg. It follows the GNOME Media Art Storage Spec, except that it always uses a space instead of the album artist. (That's been reported as Bug 7263.

I've tried manually copying an album cover to this location for one of my Ogg Vorbis albums, and it showed up in the media player like it should. So for me the next step is to modify the tracker-extractor-vorbis package to copy the album covers like the MP3 extractor does. (Bug 7413)

mussorgsky mussorgsky mussorgsky mussorgsky

I repeat

Amazing, it seems this little gem of an app fixes the tracker issues and finds cover.jpg for ogg files - it uses those you may have already downloaded or there is a search option.

So cool.

Anyway to thank the author Ivan Frade? Kudos man!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oweng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by oweng View Post

I repeat

Amazing, it seems this little gem of an app fixes the tracker issues and finds cover.jpg for ogg files - it uses those you may have already downloaded or there is a search option.

So cool.

Anyway to thank the author Ivan Frade? Kudos man!
anyone working on mussorsky? I cant edit tags forward/back. mussorgsky hangs

I used it for correcting album art, sorry haven't ried editing tags.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
anyone working on mussorsky? I cant
edit tags forward/back. mussorgsky hangs

Originally Posted by Arif View Post
The album art needs to be embedded into the mp3 file. You can do this with MP3Tag or similar programs.
Hey, i have tried Mp3Tag but i don't understand how to use it, could you just explain to me how to use it because i don't understand its help pages.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
I had a problem that for one album, the cover art showed up corrupt on my N900, while the cover showed 100% correct on my PC in Windows Media Player and mp3tag editor. this strangely enough only happened with Beyonce's new album "4".

When I changed "4" into "Four" in the mp3tag editor, the cover art showed up crystal clear on my N900. So maybe the N900 does not accept album titles starting with a number?

Anyway, although this may not be the best "N900 tip of the day" ever, maybe it is useful to someone

If there is a picture that can be opened in .mediaartlocal directory of the given album and it does not show up in mediaplayer, manually copying this file to /home/user/.cache/media-art/ helps.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
Mussorgsky Only Works For "Mp3" i guess

ust for the record, if someone stumble upon this thread (just like I did, searching for programs to manage album cover arts on device) - statement in above post is, obviously, complete BS. Mussorgsky works with ogg files as well, and, in fact, with any file type supported by python-mutagen.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, tracker