Notices

So far I've found two components for foobar2000 0.9.x that enable remote control: foo_write_http and foo_controlserver.

The first one is a HTTP server component, however it is quite limited and only outputs plain text.

The second one is a telnet server component that works okay, but typing commands is a bit cumbersome (and I haven't found a telnet client for the latest OS 2006).

There is also a standalone HTTP server, called webfoo, that connects to foo_controlserver, but it seems to work poorly (at least for me).

Does anyone know some other option maybe?

The Following User Says Thank You to Juise For This Useful Post:
I still haven't found a working solution, but thought to add another option to this thread.

EventGhost is a free open source automation tool for Windows. There are quite a few plugins for it that add support for various remote control units and other devices, as well as plenty of ready made macros for application control (including foobar2000). There is also a neat Webserver plugin (see example configuration).

Unfortunately the web browser in OS 2007 HE works differently than Firefox in Windows, for some reason doubling each command sent to EventGhost.

Now there is a very nice remote control component/interface for foobar2000 v0.9.5+, called foo_httpcontrol.

Unfortunately (once again), it seems to be too much for the Nokia 770 / OS 2007 HE web browser to handle.. Loads up fine once, but then consistently causes the system to reboot.

Could someone with a N800 or N810 try this one, please? And/or someone using an alternative browser..

Last edited by Juise; 2008-05-19 at 17:23.

Shameless bump.

Been a while since I've last used my 770. Good news is this stuff finally works.

Flashed the device to the latest OS 2007 HE which includes the Mozilla based MicroB web browser engine.

HTTP Control for foobar2000 is still in development, the latest version (0.93) may have some bugs, but for example v0.88 works just fine.

Yay

Hmm, when I use to use Windows alot I would use Irreco - Ir Remote Controller to control foobar2000 (required some component to be installed in foobar2000 though).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

bump?

available for N900?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I'm only writing to inform the followers of this threat that I'm currently trying to implement some foobar functionality into my DreamRemote project for the N900. Actually I got only some buttons working.

I currently using the foo_httpcontrol and the ajquery template. I hope someone could point me the way to control foobar without the template.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: