Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
I had to do a restore from Backup and came across this problem:
the widgets appeared in the starting positions, where they previously had been, but the size, the selected script and my custom scripts are all lost.
(ver 1.10)

Hi
I've managed to configure a script which hangs the N900 whenever I load Desktop-Cmd-Exec. I cant get to edit the script because I hang the N900 as soon as I go to the desktop. No problem, I thought to myself, simply do an apt-get purge and all traces of the app will be gone. Then re-install and start again. Unfortunately this does not appear to remove the config files as whenever I re-install it, my rogue script is still there so the N900 hangs again.

Can anybody tell me where the config file lives so that I can delete it and start all over again?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by wildherb View Post
Can anybody tell me where the config file lives so that I can delete it and start all over again?
/home/user/.desktop_cmd_exec

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
hey guys, are their scripts to open up applications?? E.g script to open up conversations

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Some scripts to open conversations (sms, email, chat) or phone
are in this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69248

Hey, this is a great app.
But I also want to use DCEW as buttons as described in the wiki. I want to avoid lock/unlock-loops and so on, so what exactly must I do with my other widgets' settings? Is there a general command to disable any update method but "on clicking" or do I have to check all my widgets one by one?
How have you done it before you used DCEW as buttons?

I think there is too little explanation/useful advice to avoid the problems in the wiki... This thread shows that many users came to have this problems...

Would be really glad if you helped me!

Thanks!

the DCEW options for each individual 'instance' (widget) must be set. To use them as buttons (as I do) set them to ONLY update when pressed. (i.e switch off autoupdate, screen change update, update on boot and ignore network connection update).

Thank you

Hey,
would it be possible to create a command to start a widget? I love the Web Query Widget ( http://maemo.org/packages/view/pogacsa/ ) but the widget itself is way to big. I want a DCEW that I can tap and the widget is started. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

No suggestions? )-: