I have recently experiencing N900 tethering frequent disconnect with T-mobile?

Anyone know what maybe the cause?

Do you have a tethering plan? I know all mobile carriers are trying to crack down on tethering without the proper plan. For android users they have removed the tethering apps from the market for download. I really don't know if they can tell if you are tethering by any other means. I have unlimited data but that isn't supposed to include tethering but still do from time to time.

I do tethering for such brief periods (but regularly) that I am not sure I would notice if they interrupted it. From what I have read only evil AT&T has been inspecting packets. TMO has just removed the apps from the Market.

I don't have a tethering plan with Tmobile. I am on $79.99 Even more plus plan (unlimited data, voice, text). I just want to verify. I think T-mobile is disconnecting if you don't have tethering plan.

Could someone confirm this?

I have the same 79.99 plan and I'm not having any issues. I'm traveling for work and been tethered overnight while sleeping with no disconnect. Are you using bluetooth or usb? PC suite or something else?

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I am also on T-Mobile (UK) and tether all the time via Joikuspot. Never been disconnected as far as I know.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I've been tethering via mobile hotspot, Joikuspot, and Bluetooth DUN for almost two years on T-Mobile USA with my N900.

I have a standard unlimited data plan with no tethering options (my plan is a grandfather one from before they acknowledged tethering).

Never dropped a connection once.

I am tethering via USB. The phone stays connected to 3G with T-mobile. But when I hook up the phone via USB and start tethering, phone stays connected to 3G, but tethering gets disconnected frequently and very frustrating. Maybe this has to do this Nokia PC Suite. I just started experiencing this last week. Not sure why all of a sudden this started to happen.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
I belive there is no way to tell whether the packets are for your pc or your phone unless it's a well known server that would make no sense using on your phone, like a game server or any other application server that can only be used by a pc(os). I managed to play World of Warcraft while tethering(mobile hotspot).
If you are sure that you recive internet otherwise on the phone if not tethering(good reception and your internet doesn't fail no matter what) then try other methods like use ovi suite instead of pc suite or bluetooth if availabe, joiku spot or mobile hotspot.

I get internet on the phone...no problem. But when I tether, PC Suite somehow informs me Internet is Disconnected on the PC, not on the phone. On the phone I still can see it is connected to 3G.