My issue is nokia n900 starts fine. After not using the screen/phone 5 minutes, I can't get the phone screen back. I tried touching the screen, screen is not coming back. All I get is the black screen. Phone is on. When some one calls screen comes back. I have downloaded some apps from nokia maemo dev and dev-extras repos. Culprit is one of these apps messed up my screen.

How can I get back. I don't mind clean install. Can someone guide me how I can do this.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by meme View Post
My issue is nokia n900 starts fine. After not using the screen/phone 5 minutes, I can't get the phone screen back. I tried touching the screen, screen is not coming back. All I get is the black screen. Phone is on. When some one calls screen comes back. I have downloaded some apps from nokia maemo dev and dev-extras repos. Culprit is one of these apps messed up my screen.

How can I get back. I don't mind clean install. Can someone guide me how I can do this.

Thanks.
Just to clarify I assume you are actually switching the phone on with the slider or power button? As just touching the screen will not bring it back to life?

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Just to clarify I assume you are actually switching the phone on with the slider or power button? As just touching the screen will not bring it back to life?
Slider and power button or touching the screen is not bringing back the screen. If I plug the phone into laptop via usb, phone restarts and the screen stays up.

Soon as I disconnect the usb cable that connects the phone to the laptop, screen is gone. Try reconnecting, n900 restarts.

Not sure what is going on.

it seems my battery is dead and un-rechareable. My phone is OK.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by meme View Post
Slider and power button or touching the screen is not bringing back the screen. If I plug the phone into laptop via usb, phone restarts and the screen stays up.

Soon as I disconnect the usb cable that connects the phone to the laptop, screen is gone. Try reconnecting, n900 restarts.

Not sure what is going on.
You haven't recenly put a screen protector on the phone have you?

If not not hav you downloaded from the repos?