Closed Thread
actually the password could be any md5 hash then :
each char of the hash returned to ascii + 126 (or 128)
in the java version , the password is generated by inverse the imie number , then md5 or that inverse , then the function above .
any other question ?

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by OzJD View Post
I'm guessing you didn't do registration properly, but I'm not really sure.

Also, could it be that the number has been re-used?
Can you check a different number and see the status of that also?
I found that I receive that same presence status when I login using the original whatsapp client on my Nokia C7 (using another phone number registered with original whatsapp as well). So it turned out not referring to anything bad I guess.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
actually the password could be any md5 hash then :
each char of the hash returned to ascii + 126 (or 128)
in the java version , the password is generated by inverse the imie number , then md5 or that inverse , then the function above .
any other question ?
Yes, thats how the password is generated. (or it should be, I didn't look at it that close)

The question at the moment is, if there is also an way to calculate the registration-code you get via the API-Call/SMS and you need to register an account.
I personally don't think we would need to know the algorithm (if there is one) because the official clients also seem to ask the code via the API and we would just stand out when we don't do (and it would be easy to prevent registration from our client when they just save which number asked for the code and just letting this numbers register...)

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by ColaCheater View Post
Yes, thats how the password is generated. (or it should be, I didn't look at it that close)

The question at the moment is, if there is also an way to calculate the registration-code you get via the API-Call/SMS and you need to register an account.
I personally don't think we would need to know the algorithm (if there is one) because the official clients also seem to ask the code via the API and we would just stand out when we don't do (and it would be easy to prevent registration from our client when they just save which number asked for the code and just letting this numbers register...)
+1 on that. It's also possible to read the SMS sent by whatsapp from the application and autoactivate it, the way the official client does. I would like to add, instead of starting to develop a pidgin/telepathy plugin, maybe they could focus developing a simple client un python with just register, login, and send / receive message functionality after that it would be just about putting it a nice gui on top of that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Netherlands
my pms arent working or I would pm
but I want to spoof a whatsapp number and install it on my phone

can anyone help me with it? I have seen colas posts, but am having trouble, how do you intercept the connections to do it?
my email is mlizrulez@yahoo.com if anyone can help

Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
I would like to add, instead of starting to develop a pidgin/telepathy plugin, maybe they could focus developing a simple client un python with just register, login, and send / receive message functionality after that it would be just about putting it a nice gui on top of that.
That's exactly what we are doing (except for teamer, as his biggest problem is how to write a purple plugin)

A quick status update, I'm now able to send messages successfully

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
I would like to add, instead of starting to develop a pidgin/telepathy plugin, maybe they could focus developing a simple client un python with just register, login, and send / receive message functionality after that it would be just about putting it a nice gui on top of that.
The underlying protocol used by Whatsapp is XMPP. Therefore it does not make sense to create a simple UI (nothing is ever simple!).

Personally I think a telepathy plugin would provide a better user experience as it will be more integrated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ColaCheater View Post

actually the password could be anything (as long as your number is not yet registered with whatsapp) . but the verification code that is sent via SMS is generated on the server and theres a 'small' probability (small as 99.99999%) that it is built on some random seed which will be almost impossible to figure out . so you need to stick to the code sent by the sms verification . OR , skip all the register/validation process and just login with your username/password created by the official whatsapp (phone as username , the md5 thing as password) , simply ask the user for their phone # and imie of the phone they used to register

the verification code sent via sms is only 3 digits as i remember , so its impossible that there are some algorithm that generates it , its randomly generated and linked to your phone number (probably)

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
The underlying protocol used by Whatsapp is XMPP. Therefore it does not make sense to create a simple UI (nothing is ever simple!).

Personally I think a telepathy plugin would provide a better user experience as it will be more integrated.
yup , this is the cool thing in N900 , otherwise i could have bough some cheap android and installed the app to it !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls