Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
A friend of mine who works at Nokia told me they have been toying with this new update for a month now, he uses an n900 and said it feels faster with the update. He also asked me not to share any details about this...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
You are not a really good friend, are you now.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
RESPECT for your reading comprehension! This "patch" is already integrated in the CSSU, that's why we don't need to update. You should thank the community, not Nokia, since I bet someone from here influenced Nokia in releasing such a security patch. If Nokia released an update with new features, portrait mode, updated drivers, screen tearing fix, that's when you thank Nokia.

REREAD POST #1
Nokia deserves credit for creating the patch. Evidently, there are some N900's in the world that are still under warranty. (By the way if the warranty for anyone's N900 extends into 2013, please let council know and we will influence Nokia to continue with updates into 2013).

We did ask Nokia, and they did agree, to let us redistribute the patch. The patch is not yet integrated in the CSSU, but thanks to the cooperation, it will be integrated extremely quickly.

Last edited by SD69; 2011-10-28 at 11:44.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
RESPECT for your reading comprehension! This "patch" is already integrated in the CSSU, that's why we don't need to update.
It's not on the changelog:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...R_1.3.3.7-10.5

Plus from message #1 it's not even clear if 16.8 is already out or is the next version coming.

You should thank the community, not Nokia, since I bet someone from here influenced Nokia in releasing such a security patch. If Nokia released an update with new features, portrait mode, updated drivers, screen tearing fix, that's when you thank Nokia.

REREAD POST #1
I did. Thanks. I still thank Nokia. Not everybody uses CSSU.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
You are not a really good friend, are you now.
Quite sure Im gonna burn in hell for this Well since it is out in the open now I guess I did no big harm.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Evidently, there are some N900's in the world that are still under warranty. (By the way if the warranty for anyone's N900 extends into 2013, please let council know and we will influence Nokia to continue with updates into 2013).
I bought my N900 from amazon.de (Germany) in February 2011. Warranty (24 months) is thus valid until February 2013.

Cheers.

Damlvd available for new files with pr 1.3.1, but I found the download and update the coverage problem

The Following User Says Thank You to Bahador For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
The patch is not yet integrated in the CSSU, but thanks to the cooperation, it will be integrated extremely quickly.
@patlak?

I guess post #1 is unclear on this respect. Let's call it quits

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
SD69, I'm guessing you're getting confused, the first post clearly indicates the CSSU already includes the patches in version 16.8, which is the latest version that was out in September.

The patch that isn't in the CSSU is that to the control panel applet, it shows the DigiNotar certificates as normal ones rather than blacklisted ones.

Also, the wiki's changelog seems to be messed up, I pinged merlin1991 (he maintains/edits that page to fix it).

Here's the changelog in the debian package:
http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/m...bian/changelog

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i want more along with this only security update

Tags
security