Notices

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by mplawner View Post
BTW - here's some example output I'm getting when starting various applications:

user:~$ maemo-mapper
osso_initialize failed.
user:~$ maemopadplus
maemopadplus[2463]: GLIB ERROR ** default - file main.c: line 76 (main): assertion failed: (data->osso)
aborting...
Aborted
Some applications written for maemo are touchy about the way they are started.

For example if you type controlpanel, it will fail, but if you type /usr/bin/controlpanel it will start. Also sometime you need to use the app.launch file. See if any of that helps, I know I have run maemomapper on openbox before, I dont recall any problems. I seem to recall having a problem with maemopadplus, but maemopad worked great. But its been a while..

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Openbox 3.4.4 is available and does not compile anymore without pango, it's "locked".

Penguinbait, Did you configure with -disable-pango ?

I can't even compile under cygwin, pango gives errors.

Pango 1.8.1

I'll try in scratchbox later

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So, I tried the .bz2 file located in the original post... I uncompressed it while riding the subway/bus to work (I love mobile computing)... then I rebooted and - - oops! Forgot that Python was required so now it boots to the Nokia screen and sits there. Hardware buttons like power still bring up their menu but no window manager. Time to reflash and actually follow the instructions.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
So, I tried the .bz2 file located in the original post... I uncompressed it while riding the subway/bus to work (I love mobile computing)... then I rebooted and - - oops! Forgot that Python was required so now it boots to the Nokia screen and sits there. Hardware buttons like power still bring up their menu but no window manager. Time to reflash and actually follow the instructions.
Well this should work on 2007, I have not tested it on the lastest firmwares, and it definetly wont work on 2008OS. I would go with KDE, its a much better environment.

The other thing is python is only required to run openbox/ROX it should not effect boot, unless you set it to boot to openbox prior to installing python, and then still it should boot? This is probably left better unused at this point, KDE3.5.8 with Koffice is available, send me a PM if you want to try it. (it gives you KDE, printing, kmail, all of koffice)

Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Hardware buttons like power still bring up their menu but no window manager. Time to reflash and actually follow the instructions.
I had similar problems initially, but figured out that my Vista theme seriously affected the window management. After remove I was upp and running on ROX.

Hello,
My apologize for posting on an old old topic.
does anybody know how is the transparent Xtem managed? I want to create a transparent widget with cairo or Qt or anything else but I didn't find any solutions. I think it's possible since the xterm is transparent but I don't know how.