Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
lorelei - thank you for taking up the erminig development and support. I know that the previous developer said that syncing GPE-Contacts to the Google contacts was difficult, and that he had no interest in it. Based upon your experience with erminig and the Google API to date, does such a sync for the contacts appear feasible? Thanks again for picking up the erminig support and development!
Synchronization between GPE-Contacts and Google-contacts is not planned for the near-future, but I'm keeping the suggestion in mind.
My primary goal for the moment is to have a fully-functional calendar sync, however should I have some spare time (does this thing even exist? ) I may take a look at it...

@klinglerware: thanks. I will try with your instructions, and if needed open a new bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
I keep getting an error about a missing gdata client. Anyone know where I can get this?

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
I'm getting an error message saying

Unable to install erminig
Application packages missing: python-gdata()|gdataclient

OS2008 Diablo with only Canola, Skype, Gizmo and mPlayer installed

I got that too. Managed to solve it in the mean-time by running apt-get install python-gdata in the terminal. No idea why the application manager won't do that itself...

that returns this for me:

/home/user # apt-get install python-gdata
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Any ideas?

ah. app manager was running. now i get this:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
osso-software-version-rx34: Depends: flash-and-reboot (= 3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: initfs-flasher (= 0.95.16-200823maemo2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kernel-diablo-flasher (= 2.6.21-200823maemo3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Hmm, it looks like python-gdata is still not in the Diablo repositories.
I don't know when it will be available

Picklesworth: did you use the chinook repository in Diablo to perform your installation of python-gdata?

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Gdata is in diablo extras-devel yet. But I put some time ago a python-gdata installable for the application manager in http://garage.maemo.org/projects/python-gdata

Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
ah. app manager was running. now i get this:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
osso-software-version-rx34: Depends: flash-and-reboot (= 3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: initfs-flasher (= 0.95.16-200823maemo2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kernel-diablo-flasher (= 2.6.21-200823maemo3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

BTW, its fine to run "apt-get -f install." This was covered in another thread. Basically there were two versions of those packages released, one slightly different than the other. Just run the command and it will clear that error.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac