Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by j d View Post
The reason why i want it, is if i am browsing through the homescreen and i click on a tweet (to open a link for example), i have to wait 20 seconds for rocket to fire up.

If rocket is open in the background it is near instantaneous, but then i dont get the homescreen updates in the first place.
What? 20 seconds??? You've got problems with your firmware I wait 7-8 seconds for rocket fire up. Btw I've told with Ural Khamitov (aka ukhamitov) today about this, he told: "It is impossible at this moment".

Originally Posted by suzughia View Post
I've the 0.0.5 version installed and for me is not working, I think that the problem is in the Twitter API 1.1, also reinstalled but it's a no go, anyone knows how this will ends up? In the beginning I was very happy either if 3 eur seemed a little bit overpriced but I can't resist the UI and the smoothness of the client but now that the development seems stopped and no one replay on twitter or by mail I'm very disappointed with rocket development.

a sad user, and then also a customer.
Wait a bit, the development doesn't stopped, we are testing last beta 0.0.6 now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
What? 20 seconds??? You've got problems with your firmware I wait 7-8 seconds for rocket fire up. Btw I've told with Ural Khamitov (aka ukhamitov) today about this, he told: "It is impossible at this moment".
Are you sure? When i had highlighted the updating thing initially i got the following response: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...70&postcount=6

Yes, I'm sure. Btw he didn't say that thing he is going to fix

Last edited by Ancelad; 2013-06-19 at 16:38.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
20 seconds on boot are impossible. 7,8 are normal for a Harmattan app via Invoker.
Just leave Ural to work in peace and updates will come.

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Wait a bit, the development doesn't stopped, we are testing last beta 0.0.6 now.
thanks for your words, hoping to continue soon use your client. It's a really nice client and made very well.

I dont have rocket installed atm, so 20 seconds was just a guess. Waiting for the next version.

But for me (and my 3G connection isnt great) it does take that long because the application has to load, and once i get past the splash screen then the tweet has to load fully before i can click on a link in the tweet.

I am not blaming the developer, i just prefer to keep rocket running in the background to avoid this issue. But if i do, it doesnt update the homescreen

Teaser

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
just can't wait for the relase of the new version of rocket that i buyed :-)

that teaser looks so beautiful!

qneptunea and tweetian are just incomplete beside rocket...

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Originally Posted by hugon9 View Post
just can't wait for the relase of the new version of rocket that i buyed :-)

that teaser looks so beautiful!

qneptunea and tweetian are just incomplete beside rocket...
Well, for now, rocket just don't work, so we can.live with FREE "uncomplete" stuff...

Tags
rocket, twitter