Notices

Hi, I have use openmediaplayer since i have my n900 (about 3 month ago) and it's just great but is there anyway to block it in portrait mod, at least for the music option ?
Because if you use your n900 as audio player while you'r walking the screen keep rotating and it's quite annoying.

By the way i'm french si i hope it's understandable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soulcatcher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i just checked but its not happeing now. but it happened once. i rebooted but the problem persisted.
I had similar problems with the stock mp. Guess it's a tracker issue.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Do you think that the state of the development is close to puting OMP into CSSU?

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Just a suggestion: maybe omp should have an option of a 'log mode': log is saved anyway, on standard exit this would be deleted if someone wishes to
This would help to diagnose crashes

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Great work on this project guys. Overall it seems to work well.

Using Feb 1 2012 version from extras-devel:

The playlist view seems to not always register a long press (to bring up the context sensitive menu). In particular it seems to happen after removing a different song from the playlist. Sometimes when you try to long-press on a subsequent song, the menu never comes up, and so when you release your press, it acts like it was a short press and starts playing that song.

The "append opened songs" setting doesn't seem to work. I expect it to append the song to the playlist, but replaces the playlist with the selected song. Maybe I misunderstood what this setting does.

Can we have settings to remove the "delete" and "set as ringtone" options from the context-menus. I really don't see those as very useful and most of the time, I don't even want those options there in case I (or someone else) was to accidentally click them.

There is a slight difference in the UPnP browser in that on the stock player, if there are more UPnP servers than can fit in the window, it shows an icon you can click to get a full-screen scrolling list. It is a little easier to use than the horizontal scrolling in OMP.

In videos, if you select "categories" display, it is possible to click on the category titles and it looks like it tries to play them as if they were videos (enters video player and screen goes black).
It would be great to be able to set categories in the videos section. This is missing from stock as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Dubai , United Arab Emirates
Hi guys ! I've just joined this community even though I've had my N900 for 1.5 yrs now !

First off , I would seriously like to thank the creators of OMP for its blazing awesomeness :P

But I have an issue that kinda irritating , dunno if its been solved cos I couldnt find it anywhere !
On the stock MP , the media sharing feature was incredibly handy for watching movies stored on my PC w/o having to transfer it to my N900.
But sadly , that feature doesn't work on OMP
Whenever , I click on an entry , it just gives the error 'URL not found' !

Could anyone please help me with this ?

Thanks in advance !

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
Hi, I have use openmediaplayer since i have my n900 (about 3 month ago) and it's just great but is there anyway to block it in portrait mod, at least for the music option ?
Because if you use your n900 as audio player while you'r walking the screen keep rotating and it's quite annoying.

By the way i'm french si i hope it's understandable.
just use orientation lock applet.
when you are on the go, just lock the orientation the way you prefer (either landscape or portrait)

it will remain that way for as long as you please
Attached Images

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
just use orientation lock applet.
when you are on the go, just lock the orientation the way you prefer (either landscape or portrait)

it will remain that way for as long as you please
Thanks for the advice but i have only landscape and auto rotation mod, no "portrait".

Any idea ?

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Feature request:
Is there a way to bring up the searchbar in portrait?

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Do you think that the state of the development is close to puting OMP into CSSU?
I think that three biggest feature-wise blockers are: (1) differentiation between audio and video streams when opening a URL; (2) bookmarking video links; (3) support for libplayback (more control over what happens with music when the phone is ringing). Aside from that, there are bugs, bugs and bugs to fix. (2) should be easy. I'm uncertain about (1) and (3), because I haven't tried doing anything about them yet.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Just a suggestion: maybe omp should have an option of a 'log mode': log is saved anyway, on standard exit this would be deleted if someone wishes to
Hmmm... have I not answered to this before?

Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
The "append opened songs" setting doesn't seem to work. I expect it to append the song to the playlist, but replaces the playlist with the selected song. Maybe I misunderstood what this setting does.
I think you got it right (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Open_Media_Pla...neral_settings), but It's only for mime_open, i.e. when using another application (like a file browser) to open a song.

Can we have settings to remove the "delete" and "set as ringtone" options from the context-menus. I really don't see those as very useful and most of the time, I don't even want those options there in case I (or someone else) was to accidentally click them.
I like it the way it is in the stock player, but there was a request to add more of "delete" and now there is a request for less, so it might really end up in the settings menu. For now, good news is that in OMP there's a confirmation dialog for setting the ringtone (accidents with this option in the stock player were driving me mad) and with today's update it's even easier to dismiss them.

There is a slight difference in the UPnP browser in that on the stock player, if there are more UPnP servers than can fit in the window, it shows an icon you can click to get a full-screen scrolling list. It is a little easier to use than the horizontal scrolling in OMP.
I was always wondering what happens in such case. Looks like I'll need to find a way to set up a quite lot of shares.

Originally Posted by dipack95 View Post
On the stock MP , the media sharing feature was incredibly handy for watching movies stored on my PC w/o having to transfer it to my N900.
But sadly , that feature doesn't work on OMP
Whenever , I click on an entry , it just gives the error 'URL not found' !
What software do you use to share movies and does music work? I remember having a problem with streaming, but it was in both Nokia's and OMP, and it disappeared after a restart.

Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
Thanks for the advice but i have only landscape and auto rotation mod, no "portrait".

Any idea ?
If not http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80644, then no idea.

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Feature request:
Is there a way to bring up the searchbar in portrait?
Slide out the keyboard, but only partially (so it remains in portrait) and press a key. Other ways are on my todo.

I've been poking various parts of the source, but I couldn't find a larger chunk of time for more focused development, so the changes are pretty scattered and spontaneous. I still did not have a chance to examine all of the reported bugs, but it's been over a month since the last update, so I guess it's better than nothing:
  • Adding songs from a song list to now playing respects search results.
  • Automatic and seamless refreshing of the radio list (probably also fixes the repeated stations bug).
  • Removed context menu entries for clearing and saving the playlist in "Now playing", because they're already in the titlebar menu and they're more global than contextual.
  • Added an option to permanently delete a song in "Now playing".
  • Added a possibility to close confirmation messages by touching the blurred background.
  • Lifted "http://" prefix restriction from radio bookmarks.
  • Larger song progress font in the car view.
  • Fixed clickable category names in the video browser.
  • Fixed album searching in the artist view.
  • Fixed searching being ignored if invoked before song listing is complete.
  • Searching speed improved a bit.
Any thoughts about "Delete" in "Now playing" or the new searching behavior (when shuffling/adding to now playing/clicking a song, only the search results are taken into account)? Those are the main sources of my mixed feelings about this release.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse