Notices

Hi Everyone...

My Device is N900 ( Maemo O/S)

Yesterday i had installed application ( or and extension ) " Subtitle extra support" which is related to Mplayer, However i installed it to show the Arabic characters at the movies. I installed it from Extra -devel.

However, when i install it , it is open a new extension in "SETTINGS", then i open the setup and select Arabic characters , and closed it. then i tried to see the movie the characters not appear probably.

Then i went again to setting-->Subtitle ,, then it close the appliaction immediately and show a message

Internal Error. Application'settings' closed.

I have tried to uninstall the Subtitle extra support and even Mplayer and re-installed again, but the problem still exist.

Is anyone have any solution?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by ahmoda; 2010-07-19 at 05:45.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Don't install unstable apps from -devel and wonder why you run into problems... :-) Plus reinstalling NEVER fixes anything.

Reflash (with a backup before)?

You are right ,

this is the last time ever i will install any thing from testing or devil,

for now, i will uninstall that app. , but i don't like to reflash my device as i dont have any problem in all device functions , except (ONLY)if i open that application which is showing that message.

i know the error may be exist in the system , but i will wait till the stable version of this app will be in extra , then i will install it. wish that will make it work again and fix the conflict with the system.

Thanks again for your help

Any one have the same problem had update the system to leaked PR 1.2?

Is that solve the problem?

OR

Is anyone tried to reflash and the problem had solved?

Thanks

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
The current version of subtitles support is broken, I'm going to go out on a limb and say wait for the next version, they may fix it.

To remove the package completely, try the following:

root
apt-get remove --purge (Package_name)

download older version from the repo
am currently using without problmes:
0.1.2009.47-1+0m5-5

Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
The current version of subtitles support is broken, I'm going to go out on a limb and say wait for the next version, they may fix it.

To remove the package completely, try the following:

root
apt-get remove --purge (Package_name)

Shall I install the package again to get exact name of it as i did not remember the name of he package exactly?

Any help , as the application is in extra now?

Thanks

I flashed my device ( without emmc) but still the problem is exist?!!

I got it...

There is a bug in the encoding "Arabic (ISO-8859-6)"

Somehow this encode make crash, then N900 will save the preferences in settings and will not open again.

I re flashed then i choose "Arabic (WINDOWS-1256) it works great- nor crash - no error message.

I hope there is a config file to be delete for who still has the problem instead of flash the device.